Indonesia Indonesian Navy, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Laut (TNI-AL)

rai456

Reactions
1 55
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Indonesia
integration brahmos to western system needs more money that we don't have. trully unneccesary
India integrates both Brahmos and western systems on their ships so I don't think it would be that much of an issue. The biggest drawback of the Brhamos is its size and weight. The integration of anti-ship missile in general isn't usually that hard.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
India integrates both Brahmos and western systems on their ships so I don't think it would be that much of an issue. The biggest drawback of the Brhamos is its size and weight. The integration of anti-ship missile in general isn't usually that hard.

As long as they don't act as stand alone system like the previous Yakhont missiles

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Money, faster productionss shipyards from different nations, in Indonesia there is no word known as : commonality.

I don't think it is all about money as the other contender for more Frigate projects is mogami class from MHI and F142 design from dearsan, they are full sized 140 meter class Frigates design....

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,419
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
in Indonesia there is no word known as : commonality.
Is this because of geopolitical consideration?

Even though, the conventional wisdom is not to put all your eggs in one basket but i think,
if there is very low probability of geopolitical strain with the nation in the future, from whom procurement is taking place, it not all bad to put your eggs in one basket,
Because, as we all know, in modern day warfare how crucial integrated network centric architecture is, as it allows a navy to operate and fight as one big entity.

anyway, this is just my personal opinion.

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,543
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I don't think it is all about money as the other contender for more Frigate projects is mogami class from MHI and F142 design from dearsan, they are full sized 140 meter class Frigates design....
both Dearsan and MHI offer are cheaper than Fincantieri no? did they offer us the aaw/ enlarged Mogami? JMSDF batch i Mogami has 133m length

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Battle of Java Sea, change the Japanese imperial navy with the PLA Navy and Dutch East Indies with Indonesia and Great Britain South East Asia squadron with Singapore Navy and Royal Australia Navy. Hope Indonesia can learn a lot from the battle and rectified the shortcoming as soon as possible, to have strength on your own is always the best way.

Btw Dutch East Indies, clearly has serious strategic mistake even as the Imperial Japan Navy started invaded China in 1936, they have done nothing serious to build up their Naval and air force capability, even when the Japanese annexed Korea, instigating Marcopolo bridge incident the Dutch still complacent, it just after the brokeout of Japan US diplomacy in 1939 the Dutch started to paying attention to the Japanese threat, but it was too late. So from the beginning the Dutch is destined to lose their crown Jewel of Indonesia. The Dutch East Indies by the time is economy Giant had good economy and large population number, if they put more resource into defense, intelligent and as early possible cooperated with Great Britain and US they would not be as easily to be conquered by the Japanese like then.

Last edited:

this is crunch

Contributor
Reactions
4 627
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
does the AR140 first cutting steel ceremony really ever happened? there is not even single defense blog and news talking about it

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,543
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
does the AR140 first cutting steel ceremony really ever happened? there is not even single defense blog and news talking about it
Maybe for private only without any mass media respondent, even there is no publication from PAL itself

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
It is just a waste of resource including maintenance fund, operational fund and manpower (including sailor), why not invest more into newly build OPV and develop them into more potent platform

Or better give them away to coast guard

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,856
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
What now ahhh...

It is just a waste of resource including maintenance fund, operational fund and manpower (including sailor), why not invest more into newly build OPV and develop them into more potent platform

I don't think it's about the vessels themselves but something "behind" it.

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,543
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
What now ahhh...

I don't think it's about the vessels themselves but something "behind" it.
KFX cost penalty? Nagapasa batch ii?

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom