Reactions
61 29,649
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

a large rocket attack just targeted U.S. troops inside Ain al-Asad base in #Anbar, #Iraq. #Iran proxies say their attack was "massive" and larger than previous ones in #Iraq or #Syria. Local sources say smoke is rising from within the base.

Some updates: - Not rockets, but tactical ballistic missiles;
- U.S. injuries confirmed;
- 15+ U.S. Patriot missiles were launched to intercept, but some missiles still got through -- meaning attack was BIG;
- #Iran-directed "Islamic Resistance in #Iraq" claimed responsibility.

Considering the USA's efforts to lie and keep its own society under control, we can say that US soldiers have started to die in Iraq.

@Kartal1 @Gary @Afif

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
61 29,649
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

The "Farouk Brigades", which recently announced their establishment in the Sinai Peninsula, announced that they carried out attacks against Israeli forces on the border line.

The group states that it will continue its attacks until the attacks on Gaza stop and the Rafah border gate is opened to the passage of humanitarian aid.

In terms of discourse and style used, the group seems to be one of the extensions of Hamas in Sinai.

Additionally, the statements may be part of a strategy such as forcing Israel to attack Egypt and/or drawing Egypt into the war.

However, if they publish images about the attacks they carry out, more and different speculations can be made about the group.

@Kartal1 @Gary @Afif

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
61 29,649
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

GET0hCEaEAAP882

GET1NDGWEAAnvhD.jpg

GET1ON-XIAAJ7H7.jpg

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,729
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey

a large rocket attack just targeted U.S. troops inside Ain al-Asad base in #Anbar, #Iraq. #Iran proxies say their attack was "massive" and larger than previous ones in #Iraq or #Syria. Local sources say smoke is rising from within the base.

Some updates: - Not rockets, but tactical ballistic missiles;
- U.S. injuries confirmed;
- 15+ U.S. Patriot missiles were launched to intercept, but some missiles still got through -- meaning attack was BIG;
- #Iran-directed "Islamic Resistance in #Iraq" claimed responsibility.

Considering the USA's efforts to lie and keep its own society under control, we can say that US soldiers have started to die in Iraq.

@Kartal1 @Gary @Afif
This below is a statement from the Islamic Resistance in Iraq and they claim the attack on the US forces deployed at Ain Al-Asad base. If any US casualties come, they will come in result of a large scale, coordinated, Iraq based paramilitary strike. If Iran really wants to cause damage to the US forces in Iraq, I am sure that the strike will involve more than the number of ballistic missiles stated by various sources. These are just harsh messages.

No matter the results, it is a fact that the tension is getting higher with every day that is passing and eventually we will witness either a full withdrawal of the US forces from Iraq and later Syria or Iran will take the biggest military blow in its modern history. By a military blow you can read it as both blow to Iranian conventional military capabilities and paramilitary ones. The Iraqi Government knows very well what are the consequences of the situation for Iraq so the Iraqi Prime Minister Sudani wants an immediate withdrawal of US forces from Iraq with timetable included.

Intelligence pointed at increased paramilitary activity, moving more sophisticated weapons in preparation for attacks against US forces in Iraq so I expect that the situation will only escalate.

1705778472681.png

The problem from a Turkish perspective is that the US forces at Ain Al-Asad have partly a guarantor state for the security of KRG and mainly KDP. If the US leaves Iraq, then KDP will be more vulnerable so they will need a new daddy. You can guess who they will call first...

Till now we were able to use them for our interests without committing much of our forces on the ground to their security as the US forces in the area acted as a balancing factor, but I am sure that if the US forces leave we will be forced to increase our footprint in the north of Iraq and take a clear stance opposing Iran's position on important issues regarding the north of Iraq and we will have to become a side in all of this while the success of our diplomacy is that without taking a side we benefit from all of the actors a bit and also take damage by all of the actors a bit. We are moving between the drops.

If we want to coexist in peace with the Iranians in Iraq, we would have to press KDP to cut ties and freeze the KDP-I project and I am sure that non of the Barzanis will be happy no matter if in Iraq or Iran. This will also mean that we could lose a potential tool for pressure and covert actions in Iran based on the Kurdish cause (a cover).

I will be the happiest person to see the US forces leaving Iraq if I knew that our guys can fill the vacuum, but judging by previous experiences unfortunately our guys are still too lame for this. We lack the proactive approach when it comes to unconventional warfare means, also we still lack the deterrence of our conventional miliatry force so we can deal with Iran in Iraq and pull the strings according to our vision for the region. Yes, we have some minor victories against them in the north of Syria, but the level of our game and the level of their game is not even comparable. While Iran worked for 40 years towards the paramilitary capabilities they currently possess, so they can be a deterrent force across the Middle East, pulling the strings for their interests, we were dealing with coups, fake trials, FETO so we can be the perfect US extension. Everything positive in the period till 2013 came in result of US supported policies aimed at limiting Sovyet, Communist, Russian or any other US enemy capabilities putting Turkish interests on second place. While we got limited benefits from these policies, we took all the damage under US protectorate including missing chances of strategic importance that wouldn't come again in 20-30 years. Yes, we came a long way especially from 2016 till now in the regard of putting Turkish interests first, activating our tactical potential towards achieving of our pre-determined strategic goals, but I fear that the timing of all this happening is not the best for us. I think Turkiye is still not ready for the big change. Regardless of my opinion on the situation we will understand if Turkiye is really ready or not very soon. I hope everything goes smooth and I am positively surprised. May Allah protects our great Nation and State!

The "Farouk Brigades", which recently announced their establishment in the Sinai Peninsula, announced that they carried out attacks against Israeli forces on the border line.

The group states that it will continue its attacks until the attacks on Gaza stop and the Rafah border gate is opened to the passage of humanitarian aid.

In terms of discourse and style used, the group seems to be one of the extensions of Hamas in Sinai.

Additionally, the statements may be part of a strategy such as forcing Israel to attack Egypt and/or drawing Egypt into the war.

However, if they publish images about the attacks they carry out, more and different speculations can be made about the group.

@Kartal1 @Gary @Afif
Such an organization can not exist without the knowledge of the Egyptian authorities. For now I would read the statements of attacks just as claims (officially the incident was reported as attempted smuggling). We will learn very soon if they are a real deal or just a voice. We witnessed the formation of such organizations in Syria before so I think it would be wise to wait a bit more so we can talk for sure.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
61 29,649
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This below is a statement from the Islamic Resistance in Iraq and they claim the attack on the US forces deployed at Ain Al-Asad base. If any US casualties come, they will come in result of a large scale, coordinated, Iraq based paramilitary strike. If Iran really wants to cause damage to the US forces in Iraq, I am sure that the strike will involve more than the number of ballistic missiles stated by various sources. These are just harsh messages.

No matter the results, it is a fact that the tension is getting higher with every day that is passing and eventually we will witness either a full withdrawal of the US forces from Iraq and later Syria or Iran will take the biggest military blow in its modern history. By a military blow you can read it as both blow to Iranian conventional military capabilities and paramilitary ones. The Iraqi Government knows very well what are the consequences of the situation for Iraq so the Iraqi Prime Minister Sudani wants an immediate withdrawal of US forces from Iraq with timetable included.

Intelligence pointed at increased paramilitary activity, moving more sophisticated weapons in preparation for attacks against US forces in Iraq so I expect that the situation will only escalate.

View attachment 64907

The problem from a Turkish perspective is that the US forces at Ain Al-Asad have partly a guarantor state for the security of KRG and mainly KDP. If the US leaves Iraq, then KDP will be more vulnerable so they will need a new daddy. You can guess who they will call first...

Till now we were able to use them for our interests without committing much of our forces on the ground to their security as the US forces in the area acted as a balancing factor, but I am sure that if the US forces leave we will be forced to increase our footprint in the north of Iraq and take a clear stance opposing Iran's position on important issues regarding the north of Iraq and we will have to become a side in all of this while the success of our diplomacy is that without taking a side we benefit from all of the actors a bit and also take damage by all of the actors a bit. We are moving between the drops.

If we want to coexist in peace with the Iranians in Iraq, we would have to press KDP to cut ties and freeze the KDP-I project and I am sure that non of the Barzanis will be happy no matter if in Iraq or Iran. This will also mean that we could lose a potential tool for pressure and covert actions in Iran based on the Kurdish cause (a cover).

I will be the happiest person to see the US forces leaving Iraq if I knew that our guys can fill the vacuum, but judging by previous experiences unfortunately our guys are still too lame for this. We lack the proactive approach when it comes to unconventional warfare means, also we still lack the deterrence of our conventional miliatry force so we can deal with Iran in Iraq and pull the strings according to our vision for the region. Yes, we have some minor victories against them in the north of Syria, but the level of our game and the level of their game is not even comparable. While Iran worked for 40 years towards the paramilitary capabilities they currently possess, so they can be a deterrent force across the Middle East, pulling the strings for their interests, we were dealing with coups, fake trials, FETO so we can be the perfect US extension. Everything positive in the period till 2013 came in result of US supported policies aimed at limiting Sovyet, Communist, Russian or any other US enemy capabilities putting Turkish interests on second place. While we got limited benefits from these policies, we took all the damage under US protectorate including missing chances of strategic importance that wouldn't come again in 20-30 years. Yes, we came a long way especially from 2016 till now in the regard of putting Turkish interests first, activating our tactical potential towards achieving of our pre-determined strategic goals, but I fear that the timing of all this happening is not the best for us. I think Turkiye is still not ready for the big change. Regardless of my opinion on the situation we will understand if Turkiye is really ready or not very soon. I hope everything goes smooth and I am positively surprised. May Allah protects our great Nation and State!

Such an organization can not exist without the knowledge of the Egyptian authorities. For now I would read the statements of attacks just as claims (officially the incident was reported as attempted smuggling). We will learn very soon if they are a real deal or just a voice. We witnessed the formation of such organizations in Syria before so I think it would be wise to wait a bit more so we can talk for sure.
The USA's withdrawal from Iraq means that it will turn to other bases around Iran. Whichever base/country the USA uses to attack Iran or its proxies, that country will become Iran's target. In addition to the bases in Turkey, this includes the bases in the Persian Gulf.

The evolution of the regional war into a relatively full-scale war will force Turkey to choose between NATO and Iran, and the future of the Incirlik base and the radar base in Malatya in the war against Iran will be opened to discussion. In this respect, the Turkey-NATO-Iran triangle is much more critical for us than the developments in Northern Iraq.

I think Turkey should not get involved in the war and remain neutral. However, it is still very difficult for us to predict the geopolitics of those days. It is difficult to predict where the balances will evolve.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
61 29,649
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The USA's withdrawal from Iraq means that it will turn to other bases around Iran. Whichever base/country the USA uses to attack Iran or its proxies, that country will become Iran's target. In addition to the bases in Turkey, this includes the bases in the Persian Gulf.

The evolution of the regional war into a relatively full-scale war will force Turkey to choose between NATO and Iran, and the future of the Incirlik base and the radar base in Malatya in the war against Iran will be opened to discussion. In this respect, the Turkey-NATO-Iran triangle is much more critical for us than the developments in Northern Iraq.

I think Turkey should not get involved in the war and remain neutral. However, it is still very difficult for us to predict the geopolitics of those days. It is difficult to predict where the balances will evolve.
Even if this is the biggest danger that awaits us.

The biggest danger facing the USA is;
- It is impossible to get results quickly in the short term in the Middle East
- There is a possibility that China will see the conflicts in the Middle East as an opportunity and attack Taiwan.

So you see the dilemma?
If China wants to deter the US from going to war with Iran in the Middle East, it will only need to blockade Taiwan.

Angry Turk !!!

Reactions
3 1,019
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Kurds you must not fall for these tricks,
They will fall for it as we can all see. So, what Türkiye needs are Nukes many of them. So if ever should the day come that Türkiye falls, then it will not fall alone. Nuke every Country many, many times over that had their hands in this game. Then they will think twice about it. Conventional weapons are not the answer here.

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
61 29,649
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Even if this is the biggest danger that awaits us.

The biggest danger facing the USA is;
- It is impossible to get results quickly in the short term in the Middle East
- There is a possibility that China will see the conflicts in the Middle East as an opportunity and attack Taiwan.

So you see the dilemma?
If China wants to deter the US from going to war with Iran in the Middle East, it will only need to blockade Taiwan.
By the way, I think everyone thinks that Iran will be crushed by the USA. However, you may wake up one morning and see that Iran has tested a nuclear weapon. That's why, if I were you, I would rethink how fragile all balances are.

DeadbyboreD

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
the theory is the same as bypassing iron dome, overwhelm their system with quantity. either launch more rocket or pack the ballistic missile with decoy

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,667
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
So, something did get through MIM-104's screen!

Interesting development ahead.
40 rockets of various sizes launched per report, 15 interceptors launched. Don't know how big is the Patriot battery on the site is but 15 is no small number, single launcher carries 16 PAC-3s.

satria

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
7 1,138
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Al-Quds Brigades publishes scenes of the explosion of occupation vehicles in an elaborate engineering ambush east of Gaza City

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,116
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkiye needs to play it smart.

Usa and Iran getting weakened works in the favour of the Turks.

The two getting kicked out of our backyard is better in the long term.

Turkiye despite being in NATO will never go and allow its troops to be used as cannon fodder. Those times have passed.

Top Bottom