TR Naval Programs

cr33pt3d

Reactions
6 162
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'm wondering where is the CIWS in the front ? no phalanx or no Gokdeniz ? the update was supposed to have 2 CIWS, not sure if there will be enough space for 16 Atmaca between the two mast ? what you guys think, otherwise, she looks amazing !

barbaros_upgrade.png

boredaf

Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,741
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'm wondering where is the CIWS in the front ? no phalanx or no Gokdeniz ? the update was supposed to have 2 CIWS, not sure if there will be enough space for 16 Atmaca between the two mast ? what you guys think, otherwise, she looks amazing !

View attachment 63010
Place where Gökdeniz is supposed to be is empty in the photos so it'll probably get installed later? And it looks like at least 1 rack for Atmaca has been installed. Everything else seems to be on it already.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,509
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

View attachment 63010
Its place is ready. Probably not yet fitted in.

BalkanTurk90

Contributor
Reactions
5 968
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Turkey
Great upgrade , the mast looks like Istanbul class one but if they would aslo change the body to steath shape like S africa Valour class or Algerian, egytian ones would be super modernised warships to serve for another 20 years .
3b7516b5.jpg

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,687
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Other than Smart-S it looks good. We should have installed the required power generation/delivery systems and done EMI/ECM tests for the CENK-S. The Navy should have made plans to switch CENK-S from the SMART-S in a few years and install Smart-S on other platforms like TCG Bayraktar and some of the Hisar Class OPVs which will have MAR-D.

Last edited:

Strong AI

Contributor
Reactions
20 2,189
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
TCG Oruçreis underwent her first voyage after her MLU. Finally.

22AwJd7.jpeg

ZFutaf7.jpeg

TCG ORUÇREİS, which was modernized at the Ministry of National Defense Gölcük Shipyard Command within the scope of the Barbaros Mid-Life Modernization Project, successfully carried out its first control course in the Gölcük region on 16 November 2023, following the modernization of the National Combat Management System (ADVENT SYS) and Electronic Sensor Systems. After the control course is completed, Sea Acceptance Test activities will be carried out.

20231122_123951.jpg
20231122_124025.jpg
20231122_124110.jpg
20231122_124159.jpg

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,401
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Egypt will pay 260 million euros for maintenance and integrated Logistic Support services for their 2 FREMM class frigates in a 10-year agreement.

Do we know the cost regarding maintenance and other related services of the I-Class or Ada-class?

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,328
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Egypt will pay 260 million euros for maintenance and integrated Logistic Support services for their 2 FREMM class frigates in a 10-year agreement.

Do we know the cost regarding maintenance and other related services of the I-Class or Ada-class?

rip off, not only that but they have the monkey models to.

infrared

Reactions
5 203
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Altınay's ASIST replacement is dubbed the Kuşkapanı/Birdtrap. I like it.
Its acceptance tests were completed aboard TCG Istanbul.

Since this is a first time LIDAR is used on the ship instead of laser beacon on the heli, i am wondering how good the system is in adverse weather where the air is literally filled in with thousands of water particle causing wrong detection. Maybe they have a paper published like some aselsan products?

Ripley

Contributor
USA Correspondent
Reactions
12 1,512
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Since this is a first time LIDAR is used on the ship instead of laser beacon on the heli, i am wondering how good the system is in adverse weather where the air is literally filled in with thousands of water particle causing wrong detection. Maybe they have a paper published like some aselsan products?
It says acceptance tests completed and this test demonstrated the system aligning and ‘arresting’ the heli. So, like you said, there must be some arresting test in adverse conditions down the road, I presume.

infrared

Reactions
5 203
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
It says acceptance tests completed and this test demonstrated the system aligning and ‘arresting’ the heli. So, like you said, there must be some arresting test in adverse conditions down the road, I presume.
Thanks. It seems there is no lidar. I was fooled by a twitter account that spread lies for clicks.

It is classic laser beacon on the heli system.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,744
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
How was the helicopter performance ? I got a shlightly shaky expression. I sqw someone on twitter mention it was a female pilot that landed it.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom