TR Politics

Vaggos

Reactions
Nation of residence
Italy
Nation of origin
Greece
Al right, this one is live and kicking ...

Brian Josephson, Nobel Prize-winning physicist
So, 1 person, out of hundreds. The analogy is not in your favor. Anyway, we have different opinions. I am not trying to change your mind, but I recommend expanding your field of view and don't let theocracy blind you.

A

Akhtar

I think these last couple of posts on evolution show what a big fucking mistake the intellectuals made in changing the script of language in Turkey so our Muslims today don't understand or read the history in ottoman documents haha

Shame they couldn't see what the consequences were 100 years later

Last edited by a moderator:

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,215
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
"World's leaders agreed..."

the movie

The Tomorrow War

@ 9:25

ScreenshotTheTomorrowWar2021.png

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,941
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Last post I'm making about evolution.

Islamic theology is frequently used to justify terrorism in the modern world. Does not make it fair to write off whatever merits it may have based off just that.

Evolutionary theory was also used to justify a whole lot of heinous actions. Does not make it far to write off whatever merits it may have based off just that.

Evolutionary theory has some concepts it cannot fully explain. You know why? Because our knowledge is incomplete. As knowledge grows, so will our understanding and the beautiful thing about the scientific method is that as our knowledge grows, we can also re-examine and modify or discard older theories as required.
"World's leaders agreed..."

the movie

The Tomorrow War

@ 9:25

View attachment 24875
Movie takes place in 2023 and Erdogan is still president?

Well movie, really hope you're wrong...

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,215
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Last post I'm making about evolution.

Islamic theology is frequently used to justify terrorism in the modern world. Does not make it fair to write off whatever merits it may have based off just that.

Evolutionary theory was also used to justify a whole lot of heinous actions. Does not make it far to write off whatever merits it may have based off just that.

Evolutionary theory has some concepts it cannot fully explain. You know why? Because our knowledge is incomplete. As knowledge grows, so will our understanding and the beautiful thing about the scientific method is that as our knowledge grows, we can also re-examine and modify or discard older theories as required.

Movie takes place in 2023 and Erdogan is still president?

Well movie, really hope you're wrong...
Isn't it called ungratefulness, yes it is.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
So, 1 person, out of hundreds. The analogy is not in your favor. Anyway, we have different opinions. I am not trying to change your mind, but I recommend expanding your field of view and don't let theocracy blind you.
That is logical fallacy from numbers....

S

Sinan

Sheikh Said pitted the Deva Party against each other​

Seems Deva party need to figure out some stuff.
Nah, i like it. Democracy within Party. Everybody should be able to say whatever they like and should be able to discuss the subject. There is no one truth in the world for every subject.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,829
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nah, i like it. Democracy within Party. Everybody should be able to say whatever they like and should be able to discuss the subject. There is no one truth in the world for every sbuject.
I understand what you are saying. But a party needs a sound standpoint. You can’t blow and have flour in you mouth at the same time. Danish Atasözü.

If a party doesn’t stand firm on ideological principples then ppl don’t know who to vote for.

AKP pretty much got hijacked Babacan and Davutoglu were in that party too.

S

Sinan

I understand what you are saying. But a party needs a sound standpoint. You can’t blow and have flour in you mouth at the same time. Danish Atasözü.

If a party doesn’t stand firm on ideological principples then ppl don’t know who to vote for.

AKP pretty much got hijacked Babacan and Davutoglu were in that party too.
Babacan's party will not get many votes but they stand firm in their principles.

- Freedoms
- Rule of Law
- Free Speech
- Equality in Opportunity
- Reconstructing institutions

We all agree on these.

Discussing on Şeyh Said within the party is not a problem. Who cares actually? It's not a topic on Turkey's problems. We wouldn't even care if somebody didn't made a news about of it.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,829
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Babacan's party will not get many votes but they stand firm in their principles.

- Freedoms
- Rule of Law
- Free Speech
- Equality in Opportunity
- Reconstructing institutions

We all agree on these.

Discussing on Şeyh Said within the party is not a problem. Who cares actually? It's not a topic on Turkey's problems. We wouldn't even care if somebody didn't made a news about of it.

They won’t get many votes ? Hoe much will they get? Enough to pass the bar ?

You can see that ppl don’t care for blank votes. Worthless as there are no mechanisms or institutions to ensure some kind of blocking of governance.

Demonstrations are pretty much a thing of the past with how the current government has illegalized demonstration with their fearmongering.

When democracy is fucked you need to go back scratch. Atatürk is the symbol of resistance so if a party wants votes. They need to uphold Atatürks ideals with religious fervor.

Otherwise 4-7% votes won’t bring you anything, but laughing RTE and AKP.

Just saying, there are baselines that no Turk will give up on. If it wasn’t so difficult to establish a party in Turkey more would establish parties defending those ideals.

S

Sinan

They won’t get many votes ? Hoe much will they get? Enough to pass the bar ?

You can see that ppl don’t care for blank votes. Worthless as there are no mechanisms or institutions to ensure some kind of blocking of governance.

Demonstrations are pretty much a thing of the past with how the current government has illegalized demonstration with their fearmongering.

When democracy is fucked you need to go back scratch. Atatürk is the symbol of resistance so if a party wants votes. They need to uphold Atatürks ideals with religious fervor.

Otherwise 4-7% votes won’t bring you anything, but laughing RTE and AKP.

Just saying, there are baselines that no Turk will give up on. If it wasn’t so difficult to establish a party in Turkey more would establish parties defending those ideals.
They will probably enter the election in millet ittifakı.

Their problem is they are also competing against CHP and İyi party. They are both on the raise and İyi party is almost sweeping the votes from everybody. Lately they surpassed %15 and going up. So, i don't think Deva would get higher vote than %5.

I'm gonna vote for Deva no matter what. :)

Philips

Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Netherlands
Some of you Turks are even bigger consensus seekers than us Dutch while you don't have a fully grown and healthy economy like we do. You don't have the luxury to go back to the old days, otherwise you'll be stuck forever in the middle income trap. Rally around your leader who has achieved more for Turkey in 20 years than the previous 60 years, and if you're lucky you can have your political disagreements in 10 years time.

Last edited:

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Some of you Turks are even bigger consensus seekers than us Dutch while you don't have a fully grown and healthy economy like we do. You don't have the luxury to go back to the old days, otherwise you'll be stuck forever in the middle income trap. Rally around your leader who has achieved more for Turkey in 20 years than the previous 60 years, and if you're lucky you can have your political disagreements in 10 years time.
The same leader also made corruption normal and the country his family business, never did politicians stole this much in history, never were they involved in shady activities with gold and drug trafficking the economic crisis is probably the worst too it just isnt being reported anymore.
And dont come up with ''we had to line up for gas'' yes because Turkey was sanctioned for protecting cypriot Turks, its a was a good price to pay, today people line up for vegetables.

Philips

Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Netherlands
We would if there had been one.
The same leader also made corruption normal and the country his family business, never did politicians stole this much in history, never were they involved in shady activities with gold and drug trafficking the economic crisis is probably the worst too it just isnt being reported anymore.
And dont come up with ''we had to line up for gas'' yes because Turkey was sanctioned for protecting cypriot Turks, its a was a good price to pay, today people line up for vegetables.
When even the Greek likes your post then something very bad is going on.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
my friend, switzerland anti corruption position is built on money laundering machine, that is why he laughs.

Philips

Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Netherlands
my friend, switzerland anti corruption position is built on money laundering machine, that is why he laughs.
It's not even worth it man. They want to change a winning team for a team that has lost for 60 years on a row and hasn't even played for the last 20 years. They really think that wil be beneficial to Turkey.

These are Concrete Head Personalities I tell you.

mulj

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
It's not even worth it man. They want to change a winning team for a team that has lost for 60 years on a row and hasn't even played for the last 20 years. They really think that wil be beneficial to Turkey.

These are Concrete Head Personalities I tell you.
i would not be harsh like that, it is phenomena among parts of diaspora, bosnian one also do the same, they are salting people minds with talk how is it done this, done that and why you do not do it in homeland like that, for me it is funny, they speak from position as they built and run those western states.

Top Bottom