Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,696
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If BMC is given (they won't pay for the land it will be given for free) a land in İzmir even with a very rushed tempo and a herculean effort it will take 18 months to just build the building. In reality, it might take more than this. And then comes the part where you procure machinery set-up the production line and qualify the production line. Huge work indeed. The national powerpack also won't fit in the calendar of the project.

The engine is in bench tests but the transmission is still not on the bench and never powered on. That means the engine and transmission calendar is different. They have to be tested together and proved to work together to be a powerpack. To do that the transmission has to complete bench tests first alone than with the engine coupled to it but the transmission is never powered up and never put on a bench. After successful completion of the complete powerpack tests, BMC will mount them on the Altay tank and start mobility tests.

There is no way all of this will happen till 2023.

L

LegionnairE

@Lool

I agree with @TheInsider there's no way, I said it years ago that BMC can't do this. After the elections the next administration is likely to completely nationalize BMC and a lot of the staff is likely going to go to jail.

Only smart option I see is that Otokar produces the turret and FNSS produces the hulls and after the first batch of 250 tanks we should start development of Altay 2 with the T-14 style unmanned turret. It's simply a superior configuration.

We could work with Ukrainians on the auto-loader

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,731
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
@Lool

I agree with @TheInsider there's no way, I said it years ago that BMC can't do this. After the elections the next administration is likely to completely nationalize BMC and a lot of the staff is likely going to go to jail.

Only smart option I see is that Otokar produces the turret and FNSS produces the hulls and after the first batch of 250 tanks we should start development of Altay 2 with the T-14 style unmanned turret. It's simply a superior configuration.

We could work with Ukrainians on the auto-loader
Lets see what happens in the future
Iam worried tbh about the Altay
Especially when it fails and gonna be politicised by other parties
It is a crucial project
According to @TheInsider ..... Toysali was reluctant the build the tank yet he took the shares of BMC; hopefully, he has a plan to do the damn thing
But..... I swear.... if Erdo really wants the tank by 2023 just give it to SSB; yet, he gave around 300 million dollars to Toysali. At first, I thought Toysali was close to him but Toysali is normally critical of the way things are done compared to other defemse companies; thus, a minimal minute ray hope "may" be present

However, ethem sancak must be hanged
Amd according to @TheInsider and how Erdo wants it no matter what by 2023..... it appears that even Erdo is enraged by the rotten asshole Ethem Sancak..... lool

Sorry for the cursing.... administrators

Last edited:
L

LegionnairE

@Lool

it already failed. The project was to produce 1000 tanks. That's never going to happen now. Not with the current model.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,731
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
@Lool

it already failed. The project was to produce 1000 tanks. That's never going to happen now. Not with the current model.
Mate
Just produce the damn tank
We dont need the 1000 by 2023
Just at least put it into serial production by 2023 one way or another

Last edited:
L

LegionnairE

Mate
Just produce the damn tank
We dont need the 1000 by 2023
Just at least put it into serial production by 2023 one way or another
You realize that we're not the only country in the world right?

As I said before T-14 already surpassed Altay, What happens when French-German consortium makes the Leopard 3? Why keep producing the same old tank?

We're going to want to develop a new tank. Probably with a 130-150mm gun and an unmanned turret.

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,534
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey

As I said before T-14 already surpassed Altay, What happens when French-German consortium makes the Leopard 3? Why keep producing the same old tank?

We're going to want to develop a new tank. Probably with a 130-150mm gun and an unmanned turret.
Indeed it's meaningless just waiting for the development of the engine and transmission to be completed. The tank can be improved further for the production like separate ammo compartment or unmanned turret.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,731
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania

Yes I do,
While we are waiting for the Altay to enter into serial production
We can keep improving the Altay by using the prototypes and asking for feedback from army personnel
According to IDEF 21, the Altay turret underwent massive changes which indicates that there were some feedback from military personnel who made the tank.
Moreover, if the tank did enter serial production in 2023, Aselsan, Havelsan, SAGE etc... still has 1.5 years to somehow develop auto loading turret for example
It can even be a joint project between most of the defense companies in turkey

This is just an example

L

LegionnairE

@Lool

We would have to freeze the design before we start tooling up the factory so we don't really have 1.5 years.

And yes a lot can change about the tank, but what really needs to change is the mentality of our people. If we don't put a stop to corruption and political favoritism, this will always happen, many more projects will be ruined.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,935
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Honest question, what the f**k have BMC been doing this entire time? Have they actually improved the Altay in like...any way whatsoever?

L

LegionnairE

Honest question, what the f**k have BMC been doing this entire time? Have they actually improved the Altay in like...any way whatsoever?
Otokar made this in 2016:

1629753749232.png

1629753777618.png

It's called Altay AHT

BMC recently tried to make something similiar called Altay T1 but it's not as good.

We basically wasted 5 years. And people tell me to calm down.

Basically only advancement we made is that ASELSAN finished AKKOR, and improved Volkan fire control system.

Last edited by a moderator:

Khagan1923

Contributor
Reactions
12 3,859
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

Imagine defending this company that puts up a huge Qatar flag and a tiny Turkish flag on the table. Can’t wait for 2023. It will be nice seeing this company be dissolved and broken up in different parts and handed over to real Turkish companies as repayment for the corruption they suffered from. Maybe the engine section can be allowed to become its own firm. If the engines they advertise even work.

Tell me again what has the Qatari flag to do there at the stand of a „Turkish“ „Firm“ at a Turkish Industry Fair?

Pathetic.

uzaysan

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Hahahaha rezil firma

Can’t do anything right. It’s most successful product isnt even its own. Always looking for excuses to buy time.

Hope this clown show of a company gets what it deserves in two years.
There was also rumors that Ethem Sancak will sell BMC to Oyak and will enter the medical equipment job because he cant get enough money with military stuff. This makes sense because why spend money on a factory you will sell? Yet some idiots still think he is patriotic man. Pathetic. Like everything else, akp and its wampires only think about their own good.

uzaysan

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Because we still have m60 in our inventory and even if we produce altay in 2026, that will be huge improvment. But I dont believe that we will produce it in 2026. They were saying they will mass produce this tank in 2010. And we had good relatioıns with germany. All they had to do is giving the job to otokar which was developer ofthe tank. But nooooo. Their ıdeology comes before the country.

uzaysan

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Imagine defending this company that puts up a huge Qatar flag and a tiny Turkish flag on the table. Can’t wait for 2023. It will be nice seeing this company be dissolved and broken up in different parts and handed over to real Turkish companies as repayment for the corruption they suffered from. Maybe the engine section can be allowed to become its own firm. If the engines they advertise even work.

Tell me again what has the Qatari flag to do there at the stand of a „Turkish“ „Firm“ at a Turkish Industry Fair?

Pathetic.
I'm not suprised. Ethem sancak was always saying that he is an arab and he is proud of it. Arab man with arab shares only cares arab interests.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,935
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan

Pathetic.
It was never a Turkish company, it was a Qatari company masquerading as a Turkish one. Which also explains their utter incompetence. There's a reason why oil-rich Gulf nations hire foreign contractors to build their stuff rather than handle it themselves.

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,534
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Pathetic.
I wanted to assume that the picture is partial and there would be a Turkish flag in not seen part, but it seems it wasn't the case. This is sad.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,063
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'm not suprised. Ethem sancak was always saying that he is an arab and he is proud of it. Arab man with arab shares only cares arab interests.

In the end we got duped by him.

How embarassing. We should be kicking our own balls for this.

Last edited:

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,063
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

Pathetic.

Man honestly Im happy Turks picked this up.

Proves the protective jealousy of the Turks when it comes to there flag.

We believe the Turkish flag should be up high in the air. This is an insulting picture. I can see why so many are offended including me.

E

Elaser

Pathetic.
I wanted to assume that the picture is partial and there would be a Turkish flag in not seen part, but it seems it wasn't the case. This is sad.

0:40

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom