Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,060
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
If we remind ourselves about his statement that the relation between engine diameter and thrust level being directly related, it is hard to think that this engine is going to develop only 6000lbf thrust.
The tf10k engine diameter is almost same as the GE-F404 engine diameter that can develop 11000lbf dry thrust.
We know that the GE-F404 engine‘s diameter is 89cm and it’s fan inlet diameter is 79cm. But we don’t know the fan inlet diameter of our TF6K. But looking at the over all engine diameters of the two, it is logical to presume they too are similar. The only differences between the two are in their lengths, whereby the f404 is 391cm in length, when our tf10k is 315cm. Yet F404GE-100D which is the non AB version, has a length of 226cm which is almost identical to tf6k’s.
I mentioned these facts before. :) Remember?

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
126 15,189
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I mentioned these facts before. :) Remember?
I remembered some of these facts having been mentioned in a forum by you. I did a quick search here but could not find it. Can you let me know which post it was?
If memory serves, you were mentioning about possibility of Tf6k giving more thrust than it was stated on paper.

Without comparing the f404’s and the tf6k’s inlet fan diameters, it is difficult to discuss much about the maximum potential thrust availability of our engine. But logically tf6k engine should be developing more thrust than what TEI says it will. Either they are being over cautious or their design is such that it has a lot of room for growth.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,962
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
What is the fan diameter of TF-6000? I'm not talking about 3 dimensions which include auxiliary systems like oil tanks, gears, etc.

As far as i know TF-6000 has a fan diameter of 624mm. For comparison, F-404 has a fan diameter of 890mm.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
126 15,189
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
What is the fan diameter of TF-6000? I'm not talking about 3 dimensions which include auxiliary systems like oil tanks, gears, etc.

As far as i know TF-6000 has a fan diameter of 624mm. For comparison, F-404 has a fan diameter of 890mm.
Can you give a source for that please ?
If that is the case then it makes all the difference.
Accodng to TEI’s site the width is 86cm and the height (which includes all the other paraphernalia) is 110cm. So one would think the diameter is close to 86cm.

1721038526025.jpeg

But if it is 62.4cm as you say , then the difference in thrust is self explanatory.
Besides, f404 has a three stage LP fan section that does deliver a great deal of air in to the HP compressor section against our TF6K’s 2 stage LP fan section.

Last edited:

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,659
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Accodng to TEI’s site the width is 86cm and the height (which includes all the other paraphernalia) is 110cm. So one would think the diameter is close to 86cm.

View attachment 69476
But if it is 62.4cm as you say , then the difference in thrust is self explanatory.
Besides, f404 has a three stage LP fan section that does deliver a great deal of air in to the HP compressor section against our TF6K’s 2 stage LP fan section.
again eventhough it is not clear another possible reference point is stated 15 cm and F110-GE-129

''SAHA EXPO Daily, President & CEO of TEI Prof. Mahmut AKŞİT also pointed out that if the radii of the relevant parts in the engine are expanded by 15 cm, the TEI-TF6000 can be converted into a turbofan engine similar to the F110-GE-129''

radii of the ''relevant parts''???

for instance if we take the Blower outer diameter For F110-GE-129 it is 970 mm
1721047879564.png

For TF 6000 can be somewhere around 670 mm

Last edited:

Quasar

Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,659
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We know that the GE-F404 engine‘s diameter is 89cm and it’s fan inlet diameter is 79cm. But we don’t know the fan inlet diameter of our TF6K. But looking at the over all engine diameters of the two, it is logical to presume they too are similar.

again eventhough it is not clear another possible reference point is stated 15 cm and F110-GE-129

''SAHA EXPO Daily, President & CEO of TEI Prof. Mahmut AKŞİT also pointed out that if the radii of the relevant parts in the engine are expanded by 15 cm, the TEI-TF6000 can be converted into a turbofan engine similar to the F110-GE-129''

radii of the ''relevant parts''???

for instance if we take the Blower outer diameter For F110-GE-129 it is 970 mm
View attachment 69477
For TF 6000 can be somewhere around 670 mm

1721065924497.png

F 404 max diameter is 89 cm inlet diameter is 71 cm

if max diameter for TF 6000-10000 is 86 - 87 cm inlet diameter can be around 68 - 69 cm seems like a logical conlusion???

-potentially available structure for 17.000 Ib & + that may still needs major adjustments which we need to master with KAAN engine eventually anyway ?

-current more efficent form for ANKA 3 - KIZILELMA?

Last edited:

uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
10 1,332
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
TF6000 is fatter, it has significantly higher bypass ratio than F404. So F404 has probably a much larger core and it I think uses twice as much fuel as TF6000

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,962
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

View attachment 69476
I have no concrete written source. This is what people told me when i spoke to people in the past. The number might not be exactly 624mm (it is what i remember) but i doubt it is anything higher than say 670-680mm because when i saw the engine mockup up close it was smaller than F-404(I have seen both engines up close). If we compare TF-6000 and F-404s fan section indeed TF-6000 is a 2 stage fan but it has better production technology so i won't be surprised if it performs as good as a 3 stage fan or even outperforms it.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom