Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
New R&D Projects Launched

1. ÇAĞIN Project for the Development of Proton Exchange Membrane PEM Fuel Cell Technology,

2. QUANTUM LIDAR Project, for the development of a game-changing LIDAR in the field, which cannot be detected, disclosed invisible targets, cannot be blinded or deceived, with groundbreaking quantum technology,

3. QUANTUM RADAR Project for the development of RADAR that can detect targets that cannot be detected by conventional RADARs for the security of our country,

4. SUPERÖRGÜ Project for the national development of Supermesh Infrared Detector Sets, in which semiconductor layers are used sequentially for reconnaissance and surveillance systems operating at medium and long infrared wavelengths,

5. MIRA Project for the development of an Inertial Navigation System with national Inertial Sensors to be used on naval platforms that need a sensitive navigation system,

6. YONCA Project for Multi-Core Microprocessor Development with the aim of national processor design with original core, localization of peripheral interfaces and enlarging the ecosystem in this field,

7. KARINCA Project for the purpose of providing V2X Communication infrastructure to Civil and Military vehicles,

8. GÖKSU Project to provide relative positioning for swarm systems and to create swarm formation with Ultra Wideband Communication

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,594
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Quantum Lidar will use entangled photons and Quantum Radar will use entangled microwaves for dedection.
The Yonca project is a continuation of the Çakıl project.
MIRA aims to develop a GPS/INS navigation system for underwater platforms.
There are also quantum accelerometer and gyro projects. Accelerometer will be based on cold atom tech and gyros will be based on cold atom and atomic spin
Quantum magnetic anomaly sensor will be based on a SQUID sensor and will aim to develop an advanced sensor for submarine detection.
The underwater quantum communication system will use entangled photons to establish data transfer between underwater platforms.

FmGCDI3XEAAs6wl

YeşilVatan

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,191
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Quantum Lidar will use entangled photons and Quantum Radar will use entangled microwaves for dedection.
The Yonca project is a continuation of the Çakıl project.
MIRA aims to develop a GPS/INS navigation system for underwater platforms.
There are also quantum accelerometer and gyro projects. Accelerometer will be based on cold atom tech and gyros will be based on cold atom and atomic spin
Quantum magnetic anomaly sensor will be based on a SQUID sensor and will aim to develop an advanced sensor for submarine detection.
The underwater quantum communication system will use entangled photons to establish data transfer between underwater platforms.
I am asking because I could not make sense of this;

Is this thing basically "I'm going to see and target your nuclear subs from 500 kms" type of deal?

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,083
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
It looks like from this video that, SIPERs FCRs physical shape is similar to STR, as i said before.
And what we saw in the latest test firing footage was very likely the AIR radar.

Brave Janissary

Reactions
5 625
Siper Eirs + Çfr can be good sensor tandem for cheap air defence frigate for export.

Conic cover like fremms herakles can be good for sea condition protection

C7kjdbNWsAAlsoZ.jpg

Last edited:

zio

Reactions
4 436
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
siper FCR -lets make all support vehicles armoured-

D9982B92-2838-4B8B-AF5E-E266384E5EF9.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,083
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
When it comes to Patriot PAC 3 i think we should now talk about the Raytheons new generation Ghost Eye radar which can track Hypersonics as well as LO targets.
1674396827219.png

According to the manufacturer.
The radar is designed for the U.S. Army's Integrated Air and Missile Defense system, but it will also preserve existing military customers' investment in the Patriot system.

And even with the Old radar PAC 3 is much better than S400 when it comes to in range interception.

Last edited:

Radonsider

Contributor
Reactions
13 2,512
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
When it comes to Patriot PAC 3 we should now talk about the Raytheons new generation Ghost Eye radar which can track Hypersonic as well as LO targets.
View attachment 52938
The radar is designed for the U.S. Army's Integrated Air and Missile Defense system, but it will also preserve existing military customers' investment in the Patriot system.
if you have a good enough radar, tracking hypersonic stuff shouldn't be hard

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,494
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
When it comes to Patriot PAC 3 we should now talk about the Raytheons new generation Ghost Eye radar which can track Hypersonics as well as LO targets.
View attachment 52938
Chunkiest Akbaba target

Ripley

Contributor
USA Correspondent
Reactions
12 1,512
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
Chunkiest Akbaba target
Seriously though, what are the countermeasures against anti-radiation missiles like Akbaba, Harm and others? Or are there even any?

edit: Sorry folks. As you can clearly see I don’t know anything about this.

YeşilVatan

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,191
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Seriously though, what are the countermeasures against anti-radiation missiles like Akbaba, Harm and others? Or are there even any?

Decoys, mobility, anti-missile AA systems and something like a CIWS would be my guess.

Not allowing the planes to get close enough to shoot those missiles would be the best defence.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,083
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

All modern air defense system can shoot down anti radiation missiles, specially system like Patriot PAC 3, SAMP/T or David Sling, which all has very agile and fast near hypersonic hit to kill interceptor. And i guess Siper block ii would have the same capability too.

The recipe for a successful DEAD mission is a mix of heavy offensive EW capability as well as low cost decoys, cruise missiles and indeed anti radiation missiles.

On top of that if you have the advantage of LO platform like TFX, then you can get close enough to launch an overwhelming numbers of very low cost wing assisted guided ammunitions/decoys like Aselsans miniature bomb or Tolun along with few Akbaba And this would be more cost effective.

AFAIK, standard tactics for F35s in SEAD mission include a mix of small diameter bomb and HARM block ii. Keep in mind an F35 can carry 8 SDB along with two AIM 120 internally.

So for example, 6 F35, four of them armed with 32 SDB and other two with 4 HARM II, can easily take out an stand alone battery of S400 with very cost effective means.

Last edited:

Ripley

Contributor
USA Correspondent
Reactions
12 1,512
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
All modern air defense system can shoot down anti radiation missiles, specially system like Patriot PAC 3, SAMP/T or David Sling, which all has very agile and fast near hypersonic hit to kill interceptor. And i guess Siper block ii would have the same capability too.
You see, that’s where my confusion begins.
When a radar is active, it sends electromagnetic waves and anti-radiation missiles hunt on those waves, right. So, a harm missile should track it and kill the radar.
Since it actively emits EM waves and anti radiation missile locks on it, it leaves a very, very narrow window to hit the oncoming missile, is that it?

YeşilVatan

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,191
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
You see, that’s where my confusion begins.
When a radar is active, it sends electromagnetic waves and anti-radiation missiles hunt on those waves, right. So, a harm missile should track it and kill the radar.
Since it actively emits EM waves and anti radiation missile locks on it, it leaves a very, very narrow window to hit the oncoming missile, is that it?
Who says you only have to have one radar, or one kind of radar? The one who is designated for medium to long range fighter jet hunting would probably be different than the missile hunter.

You can even dump them into the battleground and use groups of radars intermittently to confuse enemy SEAD squadrons. Set up shop, press the on button, stay there for about 30 minutes, than pack up and leave. Kind of like shoot-and-scoot but with radars. Do this with 20 radar systems, about 4 being open at a time. This would be especially effective against militaries that don't have the 'lightning reflexes' i.e. swift target acquisition and decision making. If the enemy is not capable of acquiring and destroying a ground target in 30 minutes, you're friggin GONE! Needless to say you also have to have air assets harassing and taking out enemy Air Force as this is going on.

Gotta broaden your horizons G. :cool:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom