Contributor
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,763
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
The issue already well explained. The Swedish air force was envisioned as one of the first line for Soviet bombers in the Cold War-era approach. In other words, a doctrine was developed based on the assumption that in a doomsday war scenario in Europe, Soviet bombers would first flatten Sweden and its air force. So all of Sweden's combat aviation was developed accordingly. (trivia: Sweden is also the country in Europe that has built the most nuclear shelters relative to its population)

But I should add that if we are arguing the Swedish model as an example, we should not be discussing bunker airbases, which they have already abandoned, but rather the flexibility of distributed logistics systems that form the core doctrine of the air force in general. So the ability to hide a fighter jet in the woods, which requires a platform with a minimal logistics footprint, to be able to do mobile flight maintenance and refueling with a very small number of personnel and take off over a highway is still a very good approach. And, I think we have a platform that is suitable for this approach: Hürjet. The Hürjet LCA/Naval is also a possible variant of Hurjet program with the potential to be a direct competitor of the Gripen-E.

Regarding the military underground network I am definitely not in favor of discussing these topics in open forums. But I just want to say that who unfamiliar these issues cannot even imagine the underground system in TR.
That's how Ukrainians managed to hide so many planes from Russians as well. Drones, too.

Barry

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
no , it can block the entrance and demage the way but will be temporary , Just few hours and everything will be fixed 😂.
It will be deep like this :

View attachment 64903

Even Atomic bomb cant take out the aircraft inside this . Thats what bunker is to protect 100+ Million 5 gen jet.
Thet can bomb the entry and around but that will not take out the jet . And they will be equipemnt inside and outside that will quixkly fix runway and remove stones if attack occurs.

mashallah one day they'll reveal the stargate program

Iskander

Committed member
Azerbaijan Correspondent
Reactions
9 545
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
@MADDOG any news regarding KAAN?
«A Turkish website said today: Before KAAN even takes off, the bidding countries have been announced... Especially Azerbaijan and Pakistan are competing with each other to buy KAAN... Asian and Arab countries have already lined up. Countries such as Italy, Portugal, Saudi Arabia and Japan are interested in It is stated ».
I have to say that when I got in line for KAAN, there was no one there. No Arabs, no Japanese, no Italians. Everything is after me!

uçuyorum

Contributor
Reactions
9 1,191
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why would countries that already own 5th gen and are developing 6th gen be really interested in KAAN? But maybe since 6th gen is far away they want a twin engine alternative to F35? Eh don't think so. I certainly wish Italy and Japan would partner with us though.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,848
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why would countries that already own 5th gen and are developing 6th gen be really interested in KAAN? But maybe since 6th gen is far away they want a twin engine alternative to F35? Eh don't think so. I certainly wish Italy and Japan would partner with us though.
Counter question. Why do countries still using 3th gen fighter jets from 60'/70'?

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,173
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We learned unimaginable amounts of know-how because of our participation in the program up until when we were kicked out, and we were slated to learn much more. This has been claimed by many "insiders", "engineers", "pilots" etc.
That information is next to nothing in the pool of information that is invested in the F35. You wouldn't even be allowed to touch the scrapped skin coatings.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,390
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
The point is, 50 years old jets (3rd gen) are still in use, beside the fact they are working on 6th gen fighter jets. Means, we can export our 5th+ gen Kaan to a country who is "thinking" on a 6th gen jet.

KAAN need to fly first, enter serial production with domestic engine and meet TuRAF requirements urgently. Export is a secondary priority.

Besides, KAAN is at least a decade away from reaching F-35's current block 4 level sophistication. Those countries that has F-35s like Italy & Japan, could upgrade their fleet to block 4 TR-3 if they want 5th+ gen capabilities. This is more feasible than inducting a completely new platform.

Iskander

Committed member
Azerbaijan Correspondent
Reactions
9 545
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Regarding 5th generation aircraft (and the acquisition of weapons in general), I can say that this is being done for the purpose of diversification. Many countries do not want to be dependent on one single supplier. Because you can never exclude force majeure situations when your only supplier for some reason does not want or cannot provide you with the necessary spare parts, or service those already supplied. Such situations happen quite often. Many probably remember the incident associated with the US refusal to further supply F14 aircraft to Iran. The US also refused to maintain aircraft already provided. Iranian F14s remained without service for 45 years. The same thing happened with Gaddafi's planes, Soviet and French-made. Both simply stopped servicing the weapons already provided. By the way, diversification is a fairly common thing in business. And when it comes to the security of an entire country...

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,533
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
12 posts were moved to the thread below.

Come on guys! We can do better. Please stay on topic and make our life easier. Please 🥲

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,848
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
KAAN need to fly first, enter serial production with domestic engine and meet TuRAF requirements urgently. Export is a secondary priority.
You are absolutely right. We can not export what does not exist.
Besides, KAAN is at least a decade away from reaching F-35's current block 4 level sophistication. Those countries that has F-35s like Italy & Japan, could upgrade their fleet to block 4 TR-3 if they want 5th+ gen capabilities. This is more feasible than inducting a completely new platform.
What’s your source about that ?

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,390
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
You are absolutely right. We can not export what does not exist.

What’s your source about that ?

Good question. But i can't give you source on something that didn't happen yet. Everything is in early stage for KAAN, we can only make optimistic predictions for now.

despite having previous expertise and experience in developing 5th gen fighter, it took one and a half decade for Lockheed Martin to reach block 4 TR-3 from block 1.

While, For Tusas, Aslesan & Havlesan I am giving a more optimistic timeline of only a decade despite it is being their first attempt to develop 5th gen fighter.

Last edited:

IC3M@N FX

Reactions
4 242
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Until regional elections is the most probable answer
It makes sense, of course, at least from the government's point of view; they will of course get a lot of PR, advertising and national pride out of it.
If the plane makes its first flight shortly before the elections, with a big event, to influence the electorate for the upcoming elections, it's a smart move.
For us weapons technology nerds, it is of course a curse to have to wait so long.
On the other hand, it gives TAI more time to better prepare for the launch, to take the physical and physiological pressure off the staff to keep them fit.
These people are also working overtime without end for this project.

What I am writing now is just my personal opinion, the AKP/MHP has the right to do so, if they had not pushed the arms industry in the last 10-15 years both through flat hierarchies (less bureaucracy) and subsidized, then we would still be handling ancient equipment today, and at the mercy of the goodwill of the West as far as arms imports are concerned.

infrared

Reactions
5 203
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
If we see the first flight after February, especially around election time, it means the project has turned into a toy of government.

Kotil had expressed his regrets for not assembling the first prototype with all the components like Hurjet to be able to reveal it on May 1. They lost a considerable time for that show of government. If it wasn't for that election show, it would have flown in 2023.

I know it's hard to realize such huge projects without government support, but I don't believe the current approach is correct either. The results for the election are clear, and I hope they are not politically milking the project any further for slightly better election results. Lets wait and see, maybe I will turn out to be wrong.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom