Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
It's our fault. We acted as if Cyprus belongs solely to the Northern Cypriots when in fact it's always been a part of the greater Turkish nation. I'm from Elazığ and Rize is also part of my homeland just like Ankara or Kars. Northern Cyprus is a province of the Republic of Turkey and it should be reclaimed by us. Every Turkish citizen who holds a Southern Cypriot passport should be kicked out of the Turkish citizenship.
1617044247244.png

Calm down ottoman grandkid.. This is your Misak-I Milli.. Cyprus / North Cyprus has never been in your Misak-I Milli, just like Azerbaijan is not.. KKTC may be Small but another country.. Still! with freedom of speech and more secular citizens than majority of your neighbours. We started hearing this quite often now, and it is becoming a tense topic here.. intervention to elections was another clear sign of this mindset. Suddenly people started feeling threatened by Turkey..why? Is Our Savior becoming our destroyer..?? Stay where you are elazığboy and stop dreaming about invading other people's country!

For me there is no difference between people like you or a racist greek cypriot who paints Turkish Cypriot heritage remained in the south: threat for my culture, lifestyle, identity, future and country (homeland).. Believe it or not it is a sensitive issue for Turkish Cypriots. And of course suddenly Cyprus becomes even more valuable after gas..! Why now? Also a lot of potential resources rumored between Iskenderun and Cyprus.. so, I am not surprised about this increasing rhetoric.

A lot of reports and evaluations made in recent years about RTE's intentions especially after 2017, Mr. Erdoğan is fed up with same ideas like ottoman fanboys, in a moment of miscalculation he might try to annex TRNC for winning 2023 elections (conquering land! :D) , what other land remained to conquer? Greek Islands? Musul? North Syria? Media is filling up people, propaganda tools are working to spread this mindset (this is the issue about recent series! too), a nationalistic atmosphere has been created.. Propaganda.. Seems like this time we will lose our land and without fighting haha.. Our (small unpowered, incompetent) intelligence is also aware of this, despite not being independent which is a security issue, and all those demonization of Akıncı was about same reason not about his views, amay be he was aware of Erdogan's intentions very long ago and working against him, and that is why he supported more than his potential, it was a reaction. But still people like me will support our tiny Superpower country until the very end :) Long Live TRNC, you may have Tanks we have hellim bombs and armored smart donkeys, they will eat TB2s

Jokes aside... Some people don't understand a simple fact: may be TRNC is not a member of UN but Turkish Cypriot community is still a recognized member of many international organizations and even represented in EU, OIC (it is represented as Cyprus Turkish State), commonwealth etc. There are lots of treatries.. And our president is still a recognized leader, internationally (not our government) as a result of those treaties.. Your dreams is just another example of Crimea incident, and it won't come without cost. All those TRNC is hunchback rhetoric in 90s, 2000s were lie, North Cyprus has always been a bargaining chip against the West since 1878. Now it is a leverage for Eastern Mediterranean. Only A mad man destroy this.

So @KKF 2.0 Look this is your country, Turkey, learn some geography and your borders.. Show some gratitude to ATATURK who saved your homeland from invaders and stop dreaming to conquer other people's countries, show some respect. Stay wherever you are..

1617046510275.png

Last edited:

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
@Cypro
May i ask you why the series "Bir zamanlar Kibris" is so heavilly criticized in KKTC? Saw comments of KKTC citizens and couldn't believe how ridiculous condescending they were.

Unfortunately, despite being a nationalistic individual, I find myself always at a never ending persistent opposition in this forum. That is may be also because of years of disinformation in Turkey and lack of our self expression. Before explaining why this series is criticized a lot, first of all I got very excited when I heard of it and I want to thank TRT despite of distorted, altered realities, it is a great gesture to Turkish Cypriots.
  • First and most important point is altered reality.. From 50s to 70s, Denktaş was not the leader of Turkish Cypriots, he was young and lets say he was one of the fathers of the resistance and TMT. Our Great Leader was Dr. Fazıl Küçük, he was the people's man, helping everyone, treating patients for free, supporting resistance movement. He was the man signing treaties on behalf of Turkish Cypriots in 1960, he was the vice president of Republic and he remained as our leader until 1970s. Series take place in 1963 and no mention of our leader! He is just erased from history, what a disrespect. Denktas always been jealous about him too, because Dr. Küçük always had 100% support. Mr. Denktaş was more like a fighter in the backstage, a second man and he expelled in 1963 so series shows him in the island is weird, but we will see how series will continue.. up to now, just trailer.
  • Same Denktas who AKP humiliated once, suddenly become the only star of the AKP propaganda series. Well Denktas was also a great and smart leader, we still love him but it was not a one man struggle. He had always been favorite of Turkey because he was the one promoting Taksim idea and he was influential in Turkey!. He was extremely intelligent and a good politician, that is why he is a well known figure in Turkey (And you don't know any other). And of course he was not an angel, made a lot of mistakes too, but he was a sympathetic autocrat, a more cheerful version of Today's Erdogan, if you were against him, you were traitor and puppet of west. Also he was famous with demonizing opposition. Yet a Great Man..
  • This series is about Turkish Cypriot's struggle, 11 year war, but it seems!! missing Turkish Cypriot advisors for the script, Turkish Cypriot historians! OK none of the movies or series are 100% accurate but why don't you get advice for a more realistic, historically correct outcome? Still I we need to watch before criticizing. I hope their advisor is not Emete.
  • Just an example, Turkish agent comes with a UH-1 Huey in 1963, yeah it is cool but they were coming with boats. But it is a movie of course it won't be 100% correct or show Turks or Turkish Cypriots weak. Turkey helped a lot during those times, jets bombed Greeks in 1964, weapons smuggled, a lot of agents come and train resistance here. Also it has been said that we were not weak at all, we had buried weapons knowing that day would come. Lot of cool stories that could be used for a movie or series, but this is a TRT series and AKP propaganda so I don't expect much.
  • Another thing is not a single Turkish Cypriot is in the cast!.. I don't know about supporting cast or crowd but not a single in a major role, a lot of Turkish Cypriot artists are there to cast. Hazar Ergüçlü, Osman Alkaş Hüseyin Köroğlu, Berkay Tulumbacı, Eda Kandulu, Ali Düşenkalkar Aslı Enver etc.
  • This series is about Turkish Cypriots, why not use Turkish Cypriots, why not use dialect / accent. This production is just self sufficient without asking or letting us to involve, contribute.
  • And why bir zamanlar Kıbrıs, why not Küçük Mücahit? A better name could be found rather than bir zamanlar çukurova.
  • Also this is a huge production, a lot of people came, expectation is big, wow.. but there are a lot of news about how the production dumps stuff to environment or damages historic places and don't obey a single rule or law.. There was a lockdown and 1000 people producing the series was exempt with no rules, no masks. I don't know whether they have any contribution but just after production came, we got a second wave which was mostly sourced from hotels (probably from gamblers). Yes these type of things.
  • Last but not least let's not forget AKP's recent campaign in TRNC, intervening internal politics, elections trying to humiliate and demonize opposite ideas. A little bit bias exists.
I want to also mention a very important aspect.. Turkish Cypriots has always dreamed about this, a big expectation since 70s 80s for a big production that tells the story.. gREEks always find a way to distort the history and tell lies to the world using media, and all kinds of propaganda tools.. We always lack that tool, we can't tell our story to the world.. and world is unaware that we are the victims of real world. SO high expectation brings high disappointment, we will criticize it nevertheless 🤣 🤣 well until this one, the biggest ever production was "Sezercik Küçük Mücahit".. great movie though..

Last edited:

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,787
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'd say you're up against people who're tired of the unfair treatment of KKTC in international fora. Looking at all the mistakes committed by TC politicians, such as allowing GC entering EU, I hope you can understand why they react less smart. Add to that the issues around Syria etc etc.

I do feel sorry that Ecevit didn't take 10% more of the island (they stopped at around 35% and got some 4% for free when GC fled Maras etc.) but with 45% of the island there would have been more to expand and establish sovereign nation.

Yeah I'm being greedy, but it is what it is, so we have to be smart about things.

I still love that the President and PM seem to be in accord with the solution they want, two state solution. I haven't seen the series, but I hope it's good, even if exaggerated slightly.

Developing all lands under KKTC control including Maras to be new capital could be awesome.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,074
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'd say you're up against people who're tired of the unfair treatment of KKTC in international fora. Looking at all the mistakes committed by TC politicians, such as allowing GC entering EU, I hope you can understand why they react less smart. Add to that the issues around Syria etc etc.

I do feel sorry that Ecevit didn't take 10% more of the island (they stopped at around 35% and got some 4% for free when GC fled Maras etc.) but with 45% of the island there would have been more to expand and establish sovereign nation.

Yeah I'm being greedy, but it is what it is, so we have to be smart about things.

I still love that the President and PM seem to be in accord with the solution they want, two state solution. I haven't seen the series, but I hope it's good, even if exaggerated slightly.

Developing all lands under KKTC control including Maras to be new capital could be awesome.

Thr Army should have defied ecevit and just swallow the whole island up.

We had the perfect chance to do it and we bottled it.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,074
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
When it has been shared here, I was going to write about this.. but than I decided that It does not worth to be lynched or demonized again :)) And actually still waiting to see the first episode, I think we still need to see it before criticizing. It is really disliked up to now, both with shooting scandals and script which is a complete propaganda tool. I had great expectations, our struggle is not less worthy than jewish struggle against nazi's or else. A pianist like movie is my dream :p But it is TRT.. AKP.. it is what they want to show and promote

Propaganda is another form of war.

You have to support Turkish propaganda.

Im getting sick and tired of Turks not playing the propaganda game while our enemies do it 24/7.

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Propaganda is another form of war.

You have to support Turkish propaganda.

Im getting sick and tired of Turks not playing the propaganda game while our enemies do it 24/7.
Of course.... our biggest weakness throughout this Cyprus issue was propaganda.. Nobody can understand better than us.. Greek Cypriots used it everywhere, prevent us, create bad reputation about us everywhere, market TRNC as pirate state.. I have seen so much people with negative opinion about North Cyprus.. They think they could robbed or killed if they come!.. Propaganda is our biggest weakness and that is why we can't even do football matches with anyone or let rest of the world understand us... My point was, the way of AKP using TRT or other media channels to manipulate society, create disinformation.

I hope the series are better than I expected and go beyond Turkey and TRNC.. like through netflix.. But Greeks would threaten netflix haha.. Once Jenifer Lopez cancelled her concert in TRNC because of Greek Lobbyists, this is how they keep fighting with us.. so I know very well.

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Thr Army should have defied ecevit and just swallow the whole island up.

We had the perfect chance to do it and we bottled it.
Believe it or not It was a NATO plan from the beginning (the land division), Turkey still had to get some kind of permission from UK and US and they actually stop refraining Turkey with some conditions.. so the lines were determined before the landing , today's green line is not where troops stopped, it was there long ago but even though Turkish Troops went too far in some places like akıncılar to save some more Turkish villages and also find empty places like Varosha to capture, plan was to divide famagusta as well.

It is also rumored that Turkish Troops landed with maps on their hands, and same maps in british troops and when a place that is not in the maps crossed brits appear in front of them. Well a lot of books and stories exists about these kind of things. There are a lot that general public does not know. It was Cold war time and Turkey couldn't afford losing support of west while commies on the border, nothing was easy. And it was not about being strong or able to do it or not but there was also other aspects. Do you really think US didn't know it before? Even GREECE left Greek Cypriots alone in the war...because they could not go war with Turkey or against Nato. There was so much problems with Greeks and GCs too. During war GCs shoot down a greek transport plane with greek commandos in it and they buried them and blame turks for years.. That was the last help they got. A lot of things happened that time and unfortunately West would never allow you to take whole island.

But again how dumb is that.. you won a war!, you are strong, your tanks in their capital and you don't make a peace deal when you are strong? Fck what the plan is and get the whole island than divide it to two country when you can.. Yeah if they did it we may not suffered for years.. Of course initial price would be much higher but it would be a clean cut.

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Turkish James bond in 1963 just before flying with UH-1 Huey (which entered service in late 60s early 70s) and secret weapon AS532 Cougar (first produced in 1980s, entered service in Turkey in 90s) in the background as easter egg. This is such an important (first time) historical series and it is full of mistakes like Cuneyt Arkın movies, I wish they have got some advice from historians.

Note: Both helicopters and airfield looks like TRNC GKK İlker Karter Aviation Unit ( Inventory 2 Ex TAF AS532 Cougar and 1 Ex TAF Huey)

1617386102502.png

Last edited:

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,635
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkish James bond in 1963 just before flying with UH-1 Huey (which entered service in late 60s early 70s) and secret weapon AS532 Cougar (first produced in 1980s, entered service in Turkey in 90s) in the background as easter egg. This is such an important (first time) historical series and it is full of mistakes like Cuneyt Arkın movies, I wish they have got some advice from historians.

Note: Both helicopters and airfield looks like TRNC GKK İlker Karter Aviation Unit ( Inventory 2 Ex TAF AS532 Cougar and 1 Ex TAF Huey)

View attachment 17440
The real ones are like that

1617432989330.png

1617433141093.png

1617433171403.png

1617433291218.png
1617433304618.png

1617433361761.png

1617433393120.png

1617433434892.png

1617433468357.png

1617433485932.png

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Yeah there were really cool stories and real heroes if they talked with historians. Many Özel Harp (Special Forces) guy came to island disguised as teachers, civil servants etc. (Generally they never involved any armed confrontation in order to remain hidden, otherwise they would be deported or killed by Greeks) But they trained Turkish Cypriot resistance, command and gave tactics, some came with civil planes some with boats. But TMT has not mentioned in the series and some people find this as a disgrace to our struggle. TMT fought against EOKA from 1955 to 1974. In 1963 we were not just chickens or weak, many heroes protected civilians and martyred. May be it is a movie / series and a bit fiction, but should also include real historical things. Our people were really organized but outnumbered and outgunned.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,074
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yeah there were really cool stories and real heroes if they talked with historians. Many Özel Harp (Special Forces) guy came to island disguised as teachers, civil servants etc. (Generally they never involved any armed confrontation in order to remain hidden, otherwise they would be deported or killed by Greeks) But they trained Turkish Cypriot resistance, command and gave tactics, some came with civil planes some with boats. But TMT has not mentioned in the series and some people find this as a disgrace to our struggle. TMT fought against EOKA from 1955 to 1974. In 1963 we were not just chickens or weak, many heroes protected civilians and martyred. May be it is a movie / series and a bit fiction, but should also include real historical things. Our people were really organized but outnumbered and outgunned.

Honestly dont expect historical accuracy a lot of the historical shows we make are garbage when it comes to historical accuracy and only good for entertainment value.

We havent even made a proper film regarding Ataturk.

Last edited:

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Honestly dont expect historical accuracy a lot of the historical shows we make are garbage when it comes to historical accuracy and only good for entertainment value.

We havent even made a proper film regarding Ataturk.
What is sad about these historical movies and series which made carelessly; is how some ignorant people believe it is the real history.. People like "Fesli Kadir" still altering history, damaging reputation of real heroes. AKP and their audience is taking these series as history lessons and believing a fiction rather than facts. For example that way they are devaluing or shadowing Ataturk.. This is a social engineering in some extend. If people does not know about the real historical event in Cyprus, they will learn it from this series which is worrying part.

On the other hand, Greek Cypriots raised their children by teaching them, Turks was minority and rebelled against the republic.. So in their history books events start in 1974 and they don't know pre 1974.. Suddenly Turkey invaded their country for no reason, killed many greeks and expel them to south. This is how they become blinded racists filled with constant anger and hatred. So these things are sensitive, we need a propaganda but a good one.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,074
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
What is sad about these historical movies and series which made carelessly; is how some ignorant people believe it is the real history.. People like "Fesli Kadir" still altering history, damaging reputation of real heroes. AKP and their audience is taking these series as history lessons and believing a fiction rather than facts. For example that way they are devaluing or shadowing Ataturk.. This is a social engineering in some extend. If people does not know about the real historical event in Cyprus, they will learn it from this series which is worrying part.

On the other hand, Greek Cypriots raised their children by teaching them, Turks was minority and rebelled against the republic.. So in their history books events start in 1974 and they don't know pre 1974.. Suddenly Turkey invaded their country for no reason, killed many greeks and expel them to south. This is how they become blinded racists filled with constant anger and hatred. So these things are sensitive, we need a propaganda but a good one.

Fesli Kadir dont forget that idiot Celal Sengor too.

A geologist somehow becomes a historian which Netflix recruits for their series.

Its retarded. Fesli Kadir was not the only one to spread such pseudo garbage when there are many just like him.

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Founding Father and Hero of Turkish Cypriots

The date is 16 May 1962, before the violence and attacks against Turks started in the Republic of Cyprus. Vice President of Republic of Cyprus Dr. Fazıl Küçük making a speech for the celebration of Commemoration of Atatürk, Youth and Sports Day on state television. He was known to be a true Ataturkcu, he devoted his life to defend Turkish Cypriot rights, like putting national days into agreement or as he saw true intentions of Greeks he fought for guarantor rights of Turkey before the treaties signed. Never accepted minority rights for the Turks and guide his people through toughest times.

Signing of Agreements, Greeks led by a fascist bishop and Turks led by a benevolent humanist Doctor. Short lasting peace

the

Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

Concerning the teaching of the Quran in the TRNC, the understanding of secularism is not what they understand and Northern Cyprus is not a France.
• If the TRNC does not return from this mistake, the steps we will take will be different in the next period. - President Erdogan

NEW: Erdogan says Northern Cyprus should follow the Turkish habits on secularism and its constitutional court must amend the decision on Quran courses “Or we will change our attitude towards the Northern Cyprus and there would be repercussions”.

🤐

CAN_TR

Contributor
Reactions
11 4,974
Nation of residence
Austria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Sooo many problems in Turkey and they talk about KKTC... what should i say about this.

They want to destroy relations with KKTC because Kuran courses 🤣

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
First of all, Quran courses are not restricted in TRNC and there is a broad freedom of religion here. Before 2000s, all headscarved girls were coming TRNC for education because it has never been restricted.. neither Quran courses. BUT our constitution states that religious education should be done under state control with state institutions. Up to now Din İşleri Dairesi (Religious Affairs Institution under EVKAF / which became puppet of Diyanet and AKP recently) was organizing these courses..

Suddenly some civil organizations popped up wanting to expand those courses. One of them called Hizmet-Sen, this Hizmet union applied Constitutional court to be allowed to increase and broaden Quran courses across the country so this happened.. Court decided that this contradicts with constitutional law, and religious education only be given by State (or under state provision) and banned all non state activities. They were exploiting loops with AKP's threats to puppet government but it was not enough for them so they experienced this "Dimyat'a pirince giderken evdeki bulgurdan olmak"

So the decision says that they can't give these religious courses without approval of Ministry of Education (only institution that can regulate educational activities). It was getting a big issue then their greed destroyed them..

It is so funny that he threatens to intervene another country's internal affairs but it is not the first time and not the last. AKP is pushing so hard to turn TRNC to little AKP backyard. A lot of academicians and well educated people came TRNC as it has more freedom but now it is not the safe heaven they wanted to be.. Last democratic westernized turkish speaking country is going to be destroyed soon :p

May be this is even a provocation to intervene more :unsure: These things are the tip of the mountain and the real reason behind people like Akıncı become anti-Turkey so Turkish media turns them to traitors, but he still got nearly half of the votes because not all the people here are dumb, they are sick of intervention and afraid of a dark future dictated by AKP.

İşte Anayasa Mahkemesi'nin Din İşleri kararı​

https://www.yeniduzen.com/iste-anayasa-mahkemesinin-din-isleri-karari-139231h.htm

Last edited:

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Funny Ottoman Grandkids, how could a non-state institution act like a state institution? "judicial coup against the freedom of religion and belief,” :D next they will claim TRNC courts captured by terrorists hahah.

https://www.dailysabah.com/politics...-courses-sparks-debate-in-turkish-cyprus/news

Legal quagmire on Quran courses sparks debate in Turkish Cyprus​

A legal debate on which institution is tasked to run Quran courses and the education of religious officials in the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC) further heated up on Thursday after a top court's ruling favored the Education Ministry rather than the religious authority, in a decision that is considered a ban on Quran courses.

A lawsuit filed for the annulment of the authority of the Presidency of Religious Affairs (DIB) to open Quran courses in the TRNC in 2018 was concluded on Thursday. The Turkish Cypriot Supreme Court, acting as the Constitutional Court, ruled that all types of education should be "under the supervision and control" of the Ministry of National Education and Culture as part of the secularism principle.

The decision, which was criticized for supporting the perception that the DIB is an institution functioning outside the state, was reflected in the press that the Quran courses in the TRNC would be closed.

Following the reactions, TRNC Prime Minister Ersan Saner said Friday: "Our Constitution clearly states that no one can be deprived of the freedom to learn and apply the book and principles of a belief. Therefore, it is out of the question to ban Quran courses in the TRNC with the Constitutional Court decision."

In his written statement, Saner stated that after learning the news from the press, he met with DIB President Talip Atalay.

President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan spoke about the issue on Friday. Erdoğan said it is not possible for Turkey to accept the TRNC Constitutional Court's decision. "First of all, the president of the Constitutional Court should learn about secularism. He also should learn how secularism is currently implemented in Turkey."

"Their attitude on this matter should change; until it changes, we will never tolerate steps that prevent freedom of belief and the Quran education of the children," he added.

Comparing the situation in Turkey to that of the TRNC and France, he said: "You know these things are solved in Turkey. Northern Cyprus is not a France. TRNC should implement what Turkey does in all areas."

Meanwhile, the court ruling was criticized by a wider audience. Turkey's Presidential Communications Director Fahrettin Altun said Thursday the decision "is the product of an ideological and dogmatic mind.”

"To interpret secularism in such a shallow and wrong way is a step toward abolishing fundamental rights and freedoms," Altun said on Twitter. He went on to say that secularism guarantees freedom of religion and cannot be used as a means of banning religious education.

The "wrong decision" is a threat to the existence of Turkish Cypriots and unity, Altun noted. Defining the decision as a "judicial coup against the freedom of religion and belief,” he stressed that it is the duty of everyone who respects democracy to react to this decision, which is "unacceptable.”

Altun added that Turkey will continue to support Turkish Cypriots in any way necessary and is ready to end the dangerous game being played in the TRNC.

The island of Cyprus has been mired in a decadeslong struggle between the Greek and Turkish Cypriots, despite a series of diplomatic efforts by the U.N. to achieve a comprehensive settlement.

The island has been divided since 1964 when ethnic attacks forced the Turkish Cypriots to withdraw into enclaves for their safety. In 1974, a Greek Cypriot coup aiming at Greece's annexation led to Turkey's military intervention as a guarantor power. The TRNC was founded in 1983.

The Greek Cypriot administration, backed by Greece, became a member of the EU in 2004, despite most Greek Cypriots rejecting a U.N. settlement plan in a referendum that year, which had envisaged a reunited Cyprus joining the EU.

Last paragraph is trying to say, we saved your ass 50 years ago so you will obey what we want 😜

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
This is how he treats remaining allies hahaha. Soon Azerbaijan will feel the same.. I hope this attitude shows some Turkish brothers, how AKP is treating TRNC and distancing Turkish Cypriots.. Or Why Turkish Cypriots does not want to be part of Turkey at all. But we can't explain ourselves and express what we feel about it much.

Glass🚬

Contributor
Reactions
2 3,159
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

‘Greek side rejected all solution offers for Cyprus’​

Turkish foreign minister reiterates Ankara’s proposal for 2-state solution based on sovereign equality​

Muhammet Ikbal Arslan, Zuhal Demirci, and Nazli Yuzbasioglu |16.04.2021

‘Greek side rejected all solution offers for Cyprus’

LEFKOSA, Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus/ANKARA
Through more than five decades of talks to resolve the Cyprus issue, the Greek side rejected all solution proposals, the Turkish foreign minister said on Friday.
“In these 53 years, Turkey and the TRNC [Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus] have been in extremely constructive approach and showed good intention, but the Greek Cypriot side that do not want to share anything with the Turkish Cypriots and its supporter Greece rejected all solution offers either in referendum or on the table,” Mevlut Cavusoglu said during his meeting with TRNC counterpart Tahsin Ertugruloglu in Lefkosa.
Cavusoglu said at the end of those negotiations the Greek Cypriots were rewarded, while the Turkish Cypriots were punished.
“We don’t have any more tolerance for this. Therefore, we propose a two-state solution based on sovereign equality,” he said.
Cavusoglu, who is on a working visit to the TRNC, said his visit comes ahead of an informal 5+1 meeting on Cyprus that will be held in Geneva this month. The common stance of Ankara and Lefkosa will be decided during his visit, he stated.
He said the last meeting before going to Geneva will be held in Ankara and then they plan to go to Switzerland together.
“If there is a common ground, negotiations may begin with new parameters,” Cavusoglu said, adding that the existing parameters such as UN Security Council resolutions, did not and will not benefit the process.

Observer status for TRNC in Turkic Council
He said that they evaluated with his counterpart bilateral relations and especially the TRNC’s diplomatic missions and activities abroad.
He recalled that Turkey has included its missions abroad in the vaccination campaign and said: “We included our dear friends working in TRNC missions in this campaign.”
“The TRNC has different status in some regional and international organizations,” he said, adding that applying for observer status within the Turkic Council was among the topics of their meeting.
The council was established in 2009 as an intergovernmental organization with an overarching aim of promoting comprehensive cooperation among Turkic-speaking states.
It consists of Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkey, and Uzbekistan as member countries, and Hungary as an observer state.
Following the meeting, Cavusoglu said on Twitter: “Evaluated recent developments on #Cyprus and #EasternMediterranean w/FM @TahsinErturulo1 of #TRNC.”
He said the preparations for the upcoming meeting was discussed and added: “Will always continue to defend our national cause Cyprus and work together based on two state solution.”

Greek foreign minister's remarks blasted
For his part, Ertugruloglu congratulated and thanked his Turkish counterpart for the solemn attitude and rightful opinions he showed towards Greek Foreign Minister Nikos Dendias’ “impudent, spoiled and aggressive” remarks during a press conference in the Turkish capital Ankara on Thursday.
He said the discourse and attitude of the Greek minister that “threatened our homeland” with the EU card “proves how appropriate and right our stance is on why the EU should not be on the table at the 5+UN meeting” slated for late April.
“As it can be seen, the EU is not an impartial and objective union that can contribute positively to the issue, on the contrary, it is a union against us with its current member structure and there is no seat for it on the table,” Ertugruloglu said.
He said the only agenda of the upcoming meeting was to reveal whether there is a common ground on which the parties can negotiate in the future.
He said if there is a ground for inter-state process, a new negotiation process with a chance of success would be initiated.
“If there isn’t, this will be explained clearly and sincerely and as 53 years have been spent in vain, spending another 50-100 years for nothing will be prevented,” he said, adding that in such situation a new process will start.
The international community has to decide, he said, whether or not it will continue to discriminate against the Turkish Cypriot people unfairly.
For “one legal Cyprus” to be created there, Ertugruloglu said, it should be accepted first that there are two separate Cyprus.
“If there are two separate Cyprus, one legal Cyprus can be at the agenda,” he said.

Cyprus issue
The island of Cyprus has been divided since 1974, when a Greek Cypriot coup was followed by violence against the island’s Turks and Turkey’s intervention as a guarantor power.
It has seen an on-and-off peace process in recent years, including a failed 2017 initiative in Switzerland under the auspices of guarantor countries Turkey, Greece, and the UK.
The TRNC was founded in 1983.
In 2004, a plan proposed by then UN chief Kofi Annan to resolve the issue was accepted by the Turkish Cypriots, but rejected by the Greek Cypriots in twin referendums.
While Greece and the Greek Cypriot administration support a federation on Cyprus, Turkey and the TRNC insist on a two-state solution reflecting the realities on the island.
Turkey, which has the longest continental coastline in the Eastern Mediterranean, has rejected maritime boundary claims by Greece and the Greek Cypriot administration, stressing that their excessive claims violate the sovereign rights of Turkey and the Turkish Cypriots.
Last year, Ankara sent out several drill ships to explore energy in the Eastern Mediterranean, asserting its rights in the region as well as those of the TRNC.
Turkish leaders have repeatedly stressed that Ankara is in favor of resolving outstanding problems in the region through international law, good neighborly relations, dialogue, and negotiations.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom