Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
My nigga completely lost his mind. He can’t be serious...😂
Don't forget about TRNC Millet Bahçesi and Okçular Vakfı also now opened in TRNC with big celebrations.. Advertising everywhere. And also they are giving free bicycles to kids who attend online Quran courses. May be Erdogan will announce that as well.. free bicycles

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
TRNC is not a small municipality. If you want to be an independent state, try looking like one first.
Well if you so against deforestation then support deindustrialisation start living in a tent.

People always complain about forests destroyed while semi urban houses contributed to it.
Politicians build unnecessary palaces for themselves during economic crisis where people loose their jobs and you guys defend it.
This is not just being partizan anymore but a evil behavior from your side.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,065
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Politicians build unnecessary palaces for themselves during economic crisis where people loose their jobs and you guys defend it.
This is not just being partizan anymore but a evil behavior from your side.

Its called progress bulldoze land and build over it.

Brazil is not destroying the Amazon for no reason its destroying it in the name of progress same example can be made here.

Too bad I hyped myself over this damn news anyway it would have been better if he said Turkish Cyprus will have an observer role in the Turkic Council. I expected some political stuff regarding a two state solution or some recognition or some shit rather than a housing project.

I have a habit of hyping myself too bad most shit end up in disappointment for me.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Its called progress bulldoze land and build over it.

Brazil is not destroying the Amazon for no reason its destroying it in the name of progress same example can be made here.

Too bad I hyped myself over this damn news anyway it would have been better if he said Turkish Cyprus will have an observer role in the Turkic Council. I expected some political stuff regarding a two state solution or some recognition or some shit rather than a housing project.

I have a habit of hyping myself too bad most shit end up in disappointment for me.
1626715512566.png

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,065
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

What happened to the Native Americans??

They got jumped as much as I admire and respect the Nomadic Turks of the past guess what modernity jumped them all.

Why do you think Russia conquered Central Asia and the Far East while China took East Turkistan due to modernity.

Progress backed by technology. Native Americans and other Indigenous people nearly got annilated. Well some did not survive like the Tainos and Tasmanian Aboriginals.

As much as I am critical of the Modern World and Industrialisation if Turks did not embrace it we would have been anniliated too.

On topic: I really expected political announcements pretty disppointing. Honestly did tayyip hype it up because he knew it wont be exciting itself?

TRNC will one day become the newest addition to the Turkic World it has to happen.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
What happened to the Native Americans??

They got jumped as much as I admire and respect the Nomadic Turks of the past guess what moderity jumped them all.

Why do you think Russia conquered Central Asia and the Far East while China took East Turkistan due to modernity.

Progress backed by technology. Native Americans and other Indigenous people nearly got annilated.

As much as I am critical of the Modern World and Industrialisation if Turks did not embrace we would have been annilated too.

On topic: I really expected political announcements pretty disppointing. Honestly did tayyip hype it up because he knew it wont be exciting itself?

TRNC will one day become the newest addition to the Turkic World it has to happen.
And how is a palace helping anyone except those living in it?
You talk about technology and progress but welcome a palace where the money could have been spent where it actually makes a difference.

Barry

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Lmao a new palace. Bruv get back to turning Turkey into a failed Arab state with no oil wealth.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,065
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
And how is a palace helping anyone except those living in it?
You talk about technology and progress but welcome a palace where the money could have been spent where it actually makes a difference.

Building is also progress why do you think we cleared so many landscapes in the past to build whatever it is government buildings, factories, houses, warehouses, military bases, skyscrapers, radio towers and dams.

This is no different here. Cypro mentioned the government building or palace is going to be built in the last patches of greenery and forests in Lefkosa.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Building is also progress why do you think we cleared so many landscapes in the past to build whatever it is government buildings, factories, houses, warehouses, military bases, skyscrapers, radio towers and dams.

This is no different here. Cypro mentioned the government building or palace is going to be built in the last patches of greenery and forests in Lefkosa.
This is the wrongest statement i have heard in a while...

L

LegionnairE

Erdogan should be running a construction company, not a country.

MOD Edit: Complete proper nouns with full syllables

Last edited by a moderator:

Deliorman

Contributor
Reactions
5 3,560
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Bulgaria
Why waste hundreds of millions of liras on unnecessary palaces, parks etc when Cypriots need stuff that are much more important than all these useless things? Better invest in needed infrastructure, in the agriculture or in helping light industry on the island. Even spending the money on lobbying abroad would be much more useful than building a new Presidential palace.

I mean- I understand why they do it... Their brains only think about luxury, showing off and stealing but to me this will never be a normal behavior and the thinking of a statesman.

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,534
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
It's all over Lale devri again. And people defending building palaces as if it contributed anything to the country. You guys have the mentality of these arab kings. This show-off brings nothing. No country envies us because we have fancy buildings. Maybe if the country is so rich and its citizens have no economical problem then it might be okay. But during these times considering what problems we are having economically, this is nuts.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
No country envies us because we have fancy buildings.
Quite the opposite actually, here in Europe it appears macabre that the President builds palaces all over the country while the economy is going down the drain.
People here cant understand how a politician can waste tax monex without anyone opening his mouth.

what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,081
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
People here cant understand how a politician can waste tax monex without anyone opening his mouth.

Thats the thing, if you do, you will face jail time or a big fine. One way or the other AKPian will sue you, AKPian judges will sentence you.

Barry

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Quite the opposite actually, here in Europe it appears macabre that the President builds palaces all over the country while the economy is going down the drain.
Here in the UK, government has fucked billions of the public's money on huge contracts to their friends and donors across many industries. Its all rather obvious, too. Nobody seems to care outside of moaning about it, like I currently am.

Meanwhile, as one of the richest nations on the planet, we have record homelessness, food bank usage and a social safety net system that exists to marginalise and destroy people. We're talking 100,000 plus deaths attributable to tory austerity but nobody cares. Oh but savid javid's dad was a bus driver so its ok

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,935
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
TRNC is not a small municipality. If you want to be an independent state, try looking like one first.
There are much more important things that make one a state than building a presidential palace.

A PRESIDENTIAL. PALACE.

For the love of God, read the above and then tell me it doesn't sound like the most ridiculous thing ever. A president does not need a palace. Even the White House in America makes me cringe but you know what? We only built one of those, not ten. And it's still much smaller than whatever Erdogan proposes.

A presidential palace is not progress. You know what is?

Building hospitals. Schools. Even factories. Research laboratories. Universities. All of these contribute to the betterment of humanity.

This does nothing for the Turkish people except stroke Erdogan's ego.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom