Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,001
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
There are much more important things that make one a state than building a presidential palace.

A PRESIDENTIAL. PALACE.

For the love of God, read the above and then tell me it doesn't sound like the most ridiculous thing ever. A president does not need a palace. Even the White House in America makes me cringe but you know what? We only built one of those, not ten. And it's still much smaller than whatever Erdogan proposes.

A presidential palace is not progress. You know what is?

Building hospitals. Schools. Even factories. Research laboratories. Universities. All of these contribute to the betterment of humanity.

This does nothing for the Turkish people except stroke Erdogan's ego.

Well its the mentality too.

Middle Easterners love big palaces.

Its been like that for centuries. They showcase power, prestige and ego.

Listen to this song.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,934
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Well its the mentality too.

Middle Easterners love big palaces.

Its been like that for centuries. They showcase power, prestige and ego.

Listen to this song.

I'm not sure rich rappers showing off is a standard that Turkey should be aspiring to. That wealth didn't appear out of nowhere. It took hard work and 200 years for America to get to that level of power.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,001
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'm not sure rich rappers showing off is a standard that Turkey should be aspiring to. That wealth didn't appear out of nowhere. It took hard work and 200 years for America to get to that level of power.

You gotta have drip.

But overall still disappointed. What was the Azerbaijani and Pakistan representatives all about they all came to TRNC. I really thought some announcement that was going to be political.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,734
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
They are gathering to please RTE nothing more.

When you lack vision and want to stand out you make a decision, and the least harmful comes out. Perhaps even his own people keep him away from important things. Just like they did with Trump.

Philips

Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Netherlands
There are much more important things that make one a state than building a presidential palace.

A PRESIDENTIAL. PALACE.

For the love of God, read the above and then tell me it doesn't sound like the most ridiculous thing ever. A president does not need a palace. Even the White House in America makes me cringe but you know what? We only built one of those, not ten. And it's still much smaller than whatever Erdogan proposes.

A presidential palace is not progress. You know what is?

Building hospitals. Schools. Even factories. Research laboratories. Universities. All of these contribute to the betterment of humanity.

This does nothing for the Turkish people except stroke Erdogan's ego.
They are building a palace to replace a hostel-looking building. Fine by me. It is all a prelude to the recognition of TRNC that will happen in this decade. You need to have self-respecting institutions in place when it happens.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,934
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
They are building a palace to replace a hostel-looking building. Fine by me. It is all a prelude to the recognition of TRNC that will happen in this decade. You need to have self-respecting institutions in place when it happens.
A presidential palace is not a self-respecting institution. It's an ego trip. Could've built something useful there, instead they are building something useless.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,734
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Sure which TRNC contractors are going to build it ? Not proxy companies in Turkey please.

That creditline of 500 mio usd was that meant for the palace ?

Building that palace should be TRNC decision, so why is RTE announcing it.

It shows who truly wishes it.

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Sure which TRNC contractors are going to build it ? Not proxy companies in Turkey please.

That creditline of 500 mio usd was that meant for the palace ?

Building that palace should be TRNC decision, so why is RTE announcing it.

It shows who truly wishes it.
If money is paid by Turkey, local contractors never get benefit. Tenders always done in Ankara with Turkish Registered Companies. Truth.. That water project cost 700 million or etc.. than pipes get dismantled after 4 years, Turkey said we are giving you 1 billion aid, they deduct 800 million and give it to some company in Turkey to fix the pipes.. 800 million!.. Pure corruption.. So called aids are the way to send money to friends

For those who insists on, a palace makes a state big or a true country.. for God's sake look at 10 Downing Street in UK.. look European countries.. TRNC never had that tradition, we are a modest island country.. I can call any minister and talk, any minister or any parliamentarian sits with you and drinks coffee during the day.. they have no bodyguards etc. they visit funerals, Tatar still visiting weddings of people he is not even close.. He is president! Wake up, it is a small island country. We don't need palace or kulliye.. It is all about Erdogan's ego.. He doesn't like to visit our small parliament or modest palace.. And Turkey wants to say... aa even we are building your palace and parliament, you owe us :D I give your bread dog... In fact, they are putting most of these as debt.. corruption and your media manipulates you. Current government is formed with pressure from Turkey,it is illegal and it is one of the most corrupt ones.. We should have set a date for early election but somehow they are postponing it. I don't think this corrupt guys would lose with such an enormous intervention from Turkey but who knows.

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Lies and show off.. nothing else.. They are going to give them to Greeks to show off.. I told here that nobody would recognize TRNC and I told Varosha is a different story, there are UN resolutions about it, last time they opened a beach and some cafes to public which has been already open for military personnel for 50 years.. manipulation.. I told before that I would not surprise if they are giving properties to Greeks under TRNC control to pressure South.

You all still think Turks will move in and build Hotels, it would turn back to old Las Vegas days etc.. in reality.. International Law

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,934
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Lies and show off.. nothing else.. They are going to give them to Greeks to show off.. I told here that nobody would recognize TRNC and I told Varosha is a different story, there are UN resolutions about it, last time they opened a beach and some cafes to public which has been already open for military personnel for 50 years.. manipulation.. I told before that I would not surprise if they are giving properties to Greeks under TRNC control to pressure South.

You all still think Turks will move in and build Hotels, it would turn back to old Las Vegas days etc.. in reality.. International Law
Damn, that's rough Cypriotbro.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,734
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
What annoys most is no coherrent strategy backing it up with financial power. They fucked up the economy and fucked up everything even more. So we got nothing to support KKTC with except our soldiers.

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
What annoys most is no coherrent strategy backing it up with financial power. They fucked up the economy and fucked up everything even more. So we got nothing to support KKTC with except our soldiers.
TRNC was doing good until Lira devalued like crazy after 2018.. We are using Lira but we can't print it so when it devalues, it just disappears. I wrote before as well.. it is a 400k tiny country... even just Adana as export market is enough for TRNC.. But guess what, we can't even export to Turkey.. No Free trade exists between two country, well it is also required to protect TRNC's economy too.. but in reality we don't need any other market than Turkey, guess what is the problem.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Here in the UK, government has fucked billions of the public's money on huge contracts to their friends and donors across many industries. Its all rather obvious, too. Nobody seems to care outside of moaning about it, like I currently am.

Meanwhile, as one of the richest nations on the planet, we have record homelessness, food bank usage and a social safety net system that exists to marginalise and destroy people. We're talking 100,000 plus deaths attributable to tory austerity but nobody cares. Oh but savid javid's dad was a bus driver so its ok
Something like this is unthinkable here.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
And a self respecting institution will be established by having a building? All Turkish instituions lost their independence, there is no sepration of powers left, everybody is taking orders from one single man and you talk about respectable instituions.
But at least we have a palace i guess, what a simple mentality you guys have...

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
For the first time PARS 4x4 Anti Tank vehicle spotted in Northern Cyprus with desert camo

User : Cyprus Turkish Peace Force Command (TAF)

1626797329358.png

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Tweet is a bit wrong or misleading Cyprus Turkish Peace Force Command KTBKK is TAF forces (TSK) not Turkish Cypriot Army.. GKK, Turkish Cypriot Security Forces Command is completely separate and does not have any tracked, mechanized division or FNSS 4x4. Also I think those M113A2T2 and ACV TOWs are still here. PARSes are just addition. Also GKK does not own any European or US weapons we have RPGs, a funny story is in 90s our coast guard seized an illegal weapon smuggler ship and our army got many AK-47s and RPGs from that ship.

If you watch parades closely, there are always 2 different army columns parading, first GKK personnel and vehicles past (with 2 Helicopter) without any tracked vehicle, then Turkish Cypriot Police etc. then TSK (TAF) troops parade with MRLS ACVs and M48s. TSK also does not have maroon berets or special forces here, only commandos and mechanized division. They used to parade separately too.

What is interesting for me is this, I never seen these anti tanks on Engereks before, may be they are new.

1626860929312.png

Top Bottom