Kitra

Reactions
2 201
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Turkey
He didn't invent a 7th gen fighter jet

He did not invent 7th gen fighter jet yet but he is LITERALLY inventing 6th gen air-force in front of your eyes right now.
What do you think Fergani Space Technologies is aimed at? Some internet connection for some poor kids in Africa or real-time control over his 5th gen drones? When this is out in 5, 10 or 15y, then all manned aircraft are FUBAR.

If you don't understand the consequences of Fergani or Starlink then I suggest that you study the attack on Sevastopol port. That was just a taste of what is coming with some donated terminals. Btw, USA and Turkey are not the only ones aiming for this. You also have China, India, UK and others trying to place 1000s of com-sats in LEO. It would not surprise me it we didn't have more than 100k sats in LEO in a few years from various countries. Just USA is aiming between 40-50k by themselves.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 9,021
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
He did not invent 7th gen fighter jet yet but he is LITERALLY inventing 6th gen air-force in front of your eyes right now.
What do you think Fergani Space Technologies is aimed at? Some internet connection for some poor kids in Africa or real-time control over his 5th gen drones? When this is out in 5, 10 or 15y, then all manned aircraft are FUBAR.

If you don't understand the consequences of Fergani or Starlink then I suggest that you study the attack on Sevastopol port. That was just a taste of what is coming with some donated terminals. Btw, USA and Turkey are not the only ones aiming for this. You also have China, India, UK and others trying to place 1000s of com-sats in LEO. It would not surprise me it we didn't have more than 100k sats in LEO in a few years from various countries. Just USA is aiming between 40-50k by themselves.

Just out of interest how much of that space technology will be invented inhouse by Baykar or more importantly by Seljuk?

Kitra

Reactions
2 201
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Turkey
Just out of interest how much of that space technology will be invented inhouse by Baykar or more importantly by Seljuk?
I don't know and don't really care as long as we have an up-to-date defence instead of trailing the world for another century due to irrational politics aimed at dividing the country. But if you are that interested then you can always apply for one of the open positions at Fergani or Baykar or TIA or Aselsan or any one of our defence companies working on it to learn it first-hand. Most likely, you will learn that no one will give you tomorrow's technology to run a 6th gen air-force. I hope that answers your question.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,753
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yeah I know right, all we get is your comment so far today to bump the thread up..
I'm just provoking üstads and trying to forcing them to share something beautiful. With so many rumours on social media, I wonder who will break our silence here.

demir283

Reactions
2 216
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
You're missing the great picture. Creation comes from various other research and adaptation. for example : like jobs say : good artists copy, great artists steal" look how far is apple came ? or let me give military example :

Polish Hussar who were very formidable cavalry created a unit base on ottoman delis and others Tatar tactics. They were copy cat of Ottoman and Tatars. They were very good at that, their influence can be seen in British and other parts of military in Europe. Their saber comes for ottoman Karabela even their helmet (lobster is ottoman invention). Does it make them less ? Or unimportant in military history ? No. because of their influence, it created a new type of warfare in wester world.

As for Seljuk or baykar tb2 he may adapt western or other type of technology but from his POV the warfare with UCAv did influence many areas. This is what drive and change military course. In the end, If US wanted tocreated a new type Saber they would. But they didn't. They stick to use Ottoman-memluk Turkish sabers for every military parade and uniform.

Last edited:

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,401
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Funny to keep hearing that Baykar did not introduce any new technology while they where the company that opened the new page of utilising drones in modern warfare. Tb2 became the first image of the Turkish defense industry worldwide. Even if TUSAS develops the ANKA-3-4 series, does not mean that Baykar make shit drones. The European states still dont have operate any MALE drones except the imported American-Israeli drones. EUROdrone program is to be ready by 2028-2029 while the akinci is already flying. Respect to both Baykar, and TUSAS👏👏

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 9,021
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Funny to keep hearing that Baykar did not introduce any new technology while they where the company that opened the new page of utilising drones in modern warfare.

Outside software code, what new technologies did they introduce? In the beginning nearly every part of the TB2 drone was sourced from the western world. Even now where most of the parts are domestically produced they are produced by other companies, the engine, the optics, the munitions etc. Now if your saying that a creation of a drone is in itself a new technology, maybe its new for Turkiye but the americans had drones 20 years prior. Even then i think ANKA came a few years ahead of TB2.

I think maybe TB2 was the first armed drone Turkiye produced, but the munitions are made by rocketsan, not baykar. Even then i got to imagine that the ANKA was armed shortly after using the same rocketsan produced munitions.

As for their utilisation that's thank to the Turkish army who also used ANKA drones in idlib along with a multitude of domestically produced EW systems. That was the first moment that the world saw this style of warfare. Unless someone has information that shows seljuk was directly the guy behind how the army operated in that theatre, the credit has to be given to the army. Lots of people in the world have armed drones and in the case of the USA and Isreal at that point better drones, but neither thought to use them the way the Turkish army did. I suppose in the US case they have such insane air power, it never crossed their mind.

I'm not saying baykar is no good, its a very good company a great company whose been good for Turkiye. What Baykar is good at is utilising the parts that other companies produce and assembling them into very good drones.

But since we are on this subject can you guys tell me exactly what new technologies Baykar has produced? Because trust me if anyone wants to see Turkiye produce new technologies its me.

baklava

Reactions
Nation of residence
Barbados
Nation of origin
Turkey
lets not get carried away, the guy made a small tactical drone, where most of the parts were initially sourced from the western world, despite him claiming otherwise. He didn't invent a 7th gen fighter jet with all technologies made by him and his company.
The guy began with a smart tactical drone, and now you can see how far they've come.

The elevation of Baykar is because of how drones were deployed by the Turkish military in Syria, tie this into favourable political conditions of being erdogans son in law, his drones get pushed harder then the TAI drones
TAI creates fantastic drones and much more, obviously, and also gets its share of the cake.

Baykar gains more attention partly due to Selcuk's social media presence, similar to Elon Musk. Most of you probably can't name the CEOs of NASA or Boeing.

Just because they don't perform a striptease in front of a rocket doesn't mean they're worthless. The same applies to our other companies that aren't "Damat."

If Baykar didnt exist we still have TAI who make great drones too.

Probably... but we wouldn't have:

t3 foundation
CANSAĞLIĞI foundation
Less competition and innovation in the drone market
Fargani company
Teknofest which gives hope to millions of children and youth in a mostly toxic enviroment with it's competitions.

Also if SpaceX wouldn't exist NASA would still send rokets to space... whats your point?

Im happy with every company thats work for their country doensn't matter if its TAI, bayraktar or Otokar.

WE DON'T HAVE THE LUXURY TO CHOOSE BETWEEN COMPANYS!

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,336
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Outside software code, what new technologies did they introduce? In the beginning nearly every part of the TB2 drone was sourced from the western world. Even now where most of the parts are domestically produced they are produced by other companies, the engine, the optics, the munitions etc. Now if your saying that a creation of a drone is in itself a new technology, maybe its new for Turkiye but the americans had drones 20 years prior. Even then i think ANKA came a few years ahead of TB2.

I think maybe TB2 was the first armed drone Turkiye produced, but the munitions are made by rocketsan, not baykar. Even then i got to imagine that the ANKA was armed shortly after using the same rocketsan produced munitions.

As for their utilisation that's thank to the Turkish army who also used ANKA drones in idlib along with a multitude of domestically produced EW systems. That was the first moment that the world saw this style of warfare. Unless someone has information that shows seljuk was directly the guy behind how the army operated in that theatre, the credit has to be given to the army. Lots of people in the world have armed drones and in the case of the USA and Isreal at that point better drones, but neither thought to use them the way the Turkish army did. I suppose in the US case they have such insane air power, it never crossed their mind.

I'm not saying baykar is no good, its a very good company a great company whose been good for Turkiye. What Baykar is good at is utilising the parts that other companies produce and assembling them into very good drones.

But since we are on this subject can you guys tell me exactly what new technologies Baykar has produced? Because trust me if anyone wants to see Turkiye produce new technologies its me.

lol

Anka in the begin was a fiasco project, could not give answer to demands of Tuaf. Almost 10 years later it was operational, so your weirdo arguments is strange, Baykar did go direct to war zone and developed drone.

So you bs arguments, several times i have to read it. It is getting worse and worse, like that TFX comparing. TF-X total budget is 10 billion dollar and if i remember correct the build test center are not included. Anka total development cost was 200 million dollars....

TB2 kalasnikov of donres...

i don;t have to waste time on your posts, like always bs.

neosinan

Committed member
Reactions
7 981
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

I am gonna paraphrase you here;

Outside software code, what new technologies did Lockheed Martin introduced? F117, F22 or F35, They all used engines, optics and radars from other companies, So They add nothing to conversation.

That is what you sound like.

Magic is in the mix not in the materials.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
59 7,568
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

I get what you're saying, but why does it need to be a direct new tech? Being a good systems developer, a good concept developer and having the affinity to bring many different COTS parts into a meaningful product is a trait on its own, something Baykar does excel at.

As for the CONOPS of drones as SEAD and CAS platforms, I think an answer lies in who gave the idea and the tech to Azerbaijanis to turn AN-2s into decoys for SAMs. Was it the Israelis, was it Baykar? We don't know. We also don't know how much they had a part in creating the drone concept TSK employs now. We do know that both brothers were directly involved when drones were being implemented, they were almost embedded to the teams. We also know that they work in real time to make the software better from the feedback of the users. They do have a part in perfecting the whole thing which I think cannot be just awarded to the user alone.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 9,021
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
I get what you're saying, but why does it need to be a direct new tech? Being a good systems developer, a good concept developer and having the affinity to bring many different COTS parts into a meaningful product is a trait on its own, something Baykar does excel at.

As for the CONOPS of drones as SEAD and CAS platforms, I think an answer lies in who gave the idea and the tech to Azerbaijanis to turn AN-2s into decoys for SAMs. Was it the Israelis, was it Baykar? We don't know. We also don't know how much they had a part in creating the drone concept TSK employs now. We do know that both brothers were directly involved when drones were being implemented, they were almost embedded to the teams. We also know that they work in real time to make the software better from the feedback of the users. They do have a part in perfecting the whole thing which I think cannot be just awarded to the user alone.

Context is important and you are maybe the first poster whose responded to me understanding the underlying nuance of my points. Others seems to have reacted personally as if i insulted their god.

The original point was made by ryder that potentially seljuk would be a target of Mossad, which goes back to the AK party mouthpiece Mete claiming the Isrealis had been monitoring him because he even had swarm software that no one else had, for all my searching i cant find anything to suggests that a true statement either.

The general perception was made that he's some kind of tech genius and because he's a tech genius he could be targeted. My response was quite simple, that baykar doesnt really produce much tech, they assemble using other peoples tech. Nothing wrong with that, but simply pointing out seljuk and baykar don't really produce any inhouse tech other then assembling and creating something greater then the sum of its parts. Nothing wrong with that, but lets call a spade a spade. Even that munition they recently revealed uses an american engine.

Then others went on tangents like the Moroccan talking about the style of warfare, which i think is more to do with the Turkish army then seljuk himself, unless of course someone can present direct evidence that he designed that style of warfare and directly oversaw its implementation in syria then im more inclined to believe its the army rather then seljuk who should take credit for it.

Is it reasonable to believe they played a role, yes it is. Is it reasonable to believe that the Turkish armies performance was critical to the success of the operations using said drones yes.

however several posters seem to be convinced that baykar has produced lots of technologies, would those same posters list the technologies the company produced?

Last edited:

Rooxbar

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
41 1,488
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
I'd start worrying about my life and safety if I was working in the orbital launch program, and maybe tf35000; other than that, not much of a threat to Israel.

Also side note here for anyone wondering why Israel: Israel and Mossad have assassinated numerous scientists working in Nuclear, Pharma and Ballistic programs in Iraq, Syria, Iran, Libya and probably even Egypt and Sudan. Israel's core security tenet is technological superiority in the region in matters of warfare at all costs . The common factor to all these countries though was their lackluster intelligence agencies. Turkey is a whole another slice of cake. The Aselsan engineers' case seems to me to be an internal sabotage by traitors among Gülenists; hence more consistent with CIA's MO in the past decades of using local actors with minimal explicit links to CIA to do the dirty work so they can go on calling themselves bastions of democracy and leader of free world and stuff like that.

Last edited:

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 9,021
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
I'd start worrying about my life and safety if I was working in the orbital launch program, and maybe tf35000; other than that, not much of a threat to Israel.

I was just thinking if Mossad were target anyone it would be the Turkish scientists developing the fighter jet engines or engines in general. Those people would need protection more then anyone else in the industry. Those people are bringing critical technologies to the nation.

Last edited:

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,486
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Institutes working on satellites and camera technologies with a resolution below "1m" may also be target of some intelligence agencies. If I remember correctly, Israel has a special privileged provision in US law and according to this provision, a satellite with a camera below 1m is prevented from being sold to Israel's "enemies", something like Israeli CATSAA on US laws. Israeli members who have information about this subject may enlighten us as well. Even if it is allowed to be sold, there are special restrictions. Let alone allowing 1m resolution satellites, Today's Turkiye is developing and exporting sat cameras under 0.5m. This area is also very critical and important enough to require special security.

Top Bottom