Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Super Simsek:

• 35kg warhead/payload
  • Parachute landing capability
  • C-130 recovery being evaluated!
  • Will act as target aircraft for Siper B2 tests
  • Currently powered by a foreign engine (PBS Velka Bites). Idealab is working on a 600N thrust engine.

IL600 currently under development.

View attachment 57042
E8-gnqKWEAMnaHS

TUSAŞ UAV Systems Vice President, Idealab, announced that they used the IL-170 turbojet engine in a project whose name has not been disclosed until now. Announced that 100 units of IL-170 turbojet engines have been ordered and they have taken delivery of 50 units.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,114
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
E8-gnqKWEAMnaHS

TUSAŞ UAV Systems Vice President, Idealab, announced that they used the IL-170 turbojet engine in a project whose name has not been disclosed until now. Announced that 100 units of IL-170 turbojet engines have been ordered and they have taken delivery of 50 units.

Super Simsek seems to heavy for IL170. Must be something else.

Interestingly, Idealab is also developing IL1600.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,702
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Super Simsek:

• 35kg warhead/payload
  • Currently powered by a foreign engine (PBS Velka Bites). Idealab is working on a 600N thrust engine.

View attachment 57042
Parachute and in midair recovery, thats what all wanted!

So direct competitor to Dynetics' DARPA-backed X-61 Gremlin programme. It will probably be lighter, but will have the flexibility to be carried under the wing of supersonic aircraft also can work as missile mode.

Last edited:

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,292
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Super Simsek:

• 35kg warhead/payload

View attachment 57042
Before forgetting, there is talk of twin-engine configuration for Anka-3. It is expected that 2 more Anka-3s will be completed by the end of the year. (2nd minute in the video)

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,702
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

We are on our way to becoming the country with the widest choice of loyal wingman in the world.

Last edited:

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,685
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Before forgetting, there is talk of twin-engine configuration for Anka-3. It is expected that 2 more Anka-3s will be completed by the end of the year. (2nd minute in the video)
The twin-engine Anka-3 variant was on the roadmap no surprises
Smaller Şimşek should be similar to Kemankeş in weight as they are using the same engine. It might be a little lighter.
IL-600 is in tests/qualification while IL-1600 is in development.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wonder when they plan to give the Anka-3 a name, will it remain as 3? It looks like an ordinary product, doesn't anyone think of it?

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
24 2,053
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I wonder when they plan to give the Anka-3 a name, will it remain as 3? It looks like an ordinary product, doesn't anyone think of it?
I hope they don't put a new name. Our naming will be similar to brand names, I think that's obvious. Such as Anka 1-2-3, Hürkuş 1-2-3, Gökbey 1-2-3, Atak 1-2-3 etc.

If this logic is correct, the name of the 10 Ton class utility helicopter should be "Gökbey-2".

Fairon

Reactions
6 885
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I hope they don't put a new name. Our naming will be similar to brand names, I think that's obvious. Such as Anka 1-2-3, Hürkuş 1-2-3, Gökbey 1-2-3, Atak 1-2-3 etc.

If this logic is correct, the name of the 10 Ton class utility helicopter should be "Gökbey-2".

Or Gökbeylerbeyi.

Ok, I am letting myself out.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,328
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why not making ANKA-3 manned bomber if you going to put 2 engine... :)

Aloster

Reactions
1 129
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

I wish we coded Anka-3 as THK-13-NG (Next generation) and also Hurjet coded as THK-16-NG . So at least people again remember making jet, plane , not only belongs to today also our past. For me this planes comes from our ancestors dreams.
Ps: I know , I share THK-13 before please forgive me.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230503-205446_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20230503-205446_Google.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot_20230503-205318_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20230503-205318_Google.jpg
    180.2 KB · Views: 83

Aloster

Reactions
1 129
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nope at the beginning they called Anka-2 at least at press after that they named as Aksungur.
Why is Baykar going with Tb2-Tb3, Akıncı and Kızılelma?

Anka-3 is a different platform, it may use the same infrastructure as Anka, but this is a flying wing UAV.

It seems to simplify and trivialize a beautiful, difficult job.

Kitra

Reactions
2 201
Nation of residence
Sweden
Nation of origin
Turkey
Why is Baykar going with Tb2-Tb3, Akıncı and Kızılelma?

Anka-3 is a different platform, it may use the same infrastructure as Anka, but this is a flying wing UAV.

It seems to simplify and trivialize a beautiful, difficult job.
Anka 3 is the development project name, not a product name. Tusas is obviously free to choose Anka-3 as the product name, but their history indicates that they will select another name for the final production-ready drone.

Aloster

Reactions
1 129
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Anka 3 is the development project name, not a product name. Tusas is obviously free to choose Anka-3 as the product name, but their history indicates that they will select another name for the final production-ready drone.
Probably they follow same strategy Türk Hava Kurumu (THK) strategy they also named project plane THK-xxx after that named it. For example THK-16 project plane named after as THK-16 Mehmetçik. May be someone following it as a tradition. Just my speculation. If following UAV Named as Anka-4 , it is not a suprise. My personal criticism we need serious naming strategy . Honestly sometimes I mixed products. I have to check pages. Especially a2a missile part.

Last edited:

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The development projects were already called Mius.

When Kızılelma first flew, it was under its own name. It has an impressive example in front of it.

Anyway, as I said, this has been said many times about Tusaş, and still nothing has changed.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom