Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,323
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Indonesia's former deputy House speaker praises Xinjiang's development

Former Deputy Speaker of the Indonesian House of Representatives Fahri Hamzah has been to China's Xinjiang Ugyur Autonomous Region and surprised by its development.

He said he visited almost ever city in central Asia and Urumqi stands out as the most modern and developed. No doubt about it but the western media will never tell you this fact.

ummm nobody is denying the infrastructure progress of China, what people are sceptical is China's treatment of it's Muslim minority population

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
Indonesia: We will not meddle in China’s Uighur debate
  • INDONESIA
  • Tuesday, 24 Dec 2019

10:53 AM MYT
JAKARTA (ANN): Indonesia will not meddle in the alleged persecution of Uighur Muslims in China, a presidential advisor has said, in the latest statement to indicate Chinese pressure on the world’s largest Muslim-majority country.

Presidential Chief of Staff Moeldoko told reporters Monday (Dec 23) that the government would not be poking its nose in another country’s business, framing the plight of the Uighur as China’s internal affairs.

“Every country has the sovereign right to manage its own citizens, so the Indonesian government will not meddle in the internal affairs of China, ” Moeldoko said at his office in Jakarta, as quoted by Tempo.co.

His statement comes following fresh scrutiny against some of Indonesia’s largest Muslim groups, including Nahdlatul Ulama, Muhammadiyah and the Indonesian Ulema Council (MUI), for accepting the advances of the Chinese government in the alleged internment of the Uighurs, a minority distinct from China's ethnic Han.

A recent Wall Street Journal report alleged that the organisations had been “persuaded” by the Chinese government to remain silent on the issue by sponsoring visits to the Xinjiang region, the location of the controversial Uighur “reeducation” camps.

Beijing has denied allegations of human rights violations against the Uighurs.

https://www.thestar.com.my/news/reg...ia-we-will-not-meddle-in-chinas-uighur-debate

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,323
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Indonesia , Turkey, Saudi Arabia etc will not meddle, but it didn't help the facts presented about the atrocities deep in Xinjiang.

and let's be honest, Indonesia as well as other countries silence is because money.

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
As long as Indonesian government shows this clear stance, China doesn't care about what some random Indonesian webusers like you think or believe.

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
Indonesia , Turkey, Saudi Arabia etc will not meddle, but it didn't help the facts presented about the atrocities deep in Xinjiang.

and let's be honest, Indonesia as well as other countries silence is because money.
Good enough for China.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,323
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Indonesia will always play nice as long as it comes with economic benefits, your money will not last, but enmity against you and your people will be permanent.

there's no such thing as eternal suppression. todays oppressor will be the oppressed too one day

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
Indonesia will always play nice as long as it comes with economic benefits, your money will not last, but enmity against you and your people will be permanent.

there's no such thing as eternal suppression. todays oppressor will be the oppressed too one day
OK, come back and tell me when it happens.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,323
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
how you ask?? go read from page 1-3. not only your arguments are weak and used successfully against you (thanks for providing me the tables anyway), your final stand involves saying things like this:

off course , why would China care?? as long as it's genocide doesn't affect it's image abroad, it's ok.

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
how you ask?? go read from page 1-3. not only your arguments are weak and used successfully against you (thanks for providing me the tables anyway), your final stand involves saying things like this:

off course , why would China care?? as long as it's genocide doesn't affect it's image abroad, it's ok.
My arguments are stronger than yours, may final statements meaning none so blind as those who will not see. so be it.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,323
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Don't make me wait for too long.
it will not be long , just 70 years ago the Japanese are busy pillaging your country, where are the imperial Japanese now??

we could not say much about the future, but what I know is there's no such thing as eternal oppression. Especially if the oppressor is having a uncontrolled demographic plunge and enemies on every side of it's borders.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,323
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
My arguments are stronger than yours, may final statements meaning none so blind as those who will not see. so be it.
so strong that you actually gave me this.
24c472d0-6f8a-47d2-9d9d-9e3221897c9d-jpeg.15044

thanks , this is a nice bullet you gave me.

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
it will not be long , just 70 years ago the Japanese are busy pillaging your country, where are the imperial Japanese now??

we could not say much about the future, but what I know is there's no such thing as eternal oppression. Especially if the oppressor is having a uncontrolled demographic plunge and enemies on every side of it's borders.
I don't think I can wait for 70 years, hopefully you can come back to tell me sooner than that.

xizhimen

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
China
Nation of origin
China
so strong that you actually gave me this.
24c472d0-6f8a-47d2-9d9d-9e3221897c9d-jpeg.15044

thanks , this is a nice bullet you gave me.
Like what? half of the Xinjiang population are Han Chinese, and Xinjaing's growth rate is still double the rate of China's average, so what this chart means based on your interpretation?

Top Bottom