Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Btw, That's what we were shown in the promotional videos.

F5P21o.png

55MN0A.jpg

iBSAwR.jpg

Sanders

Reactions
2 179
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Btw, That's what we were shown in the promotional videos.

F5P21o.png

55MN0A.jpg

iBSAwR.jpg
When I saw these for the first time, I said ''this is how an attack helicopter should be''. But here we are.
I really don't understand why the frontal design changed so much.

I mean, the place of FLIR and machine gun doesn't make sense at all while even ordinary people know this, it sounds impossible for thousands of engineers to make a mistake in such a matter.

It is very unusual when we compare FLIR and machine gun location with AH-64, Mi-28 etc...

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I mean, the place of FLIR and machine gun doesn't make sense at all while even ordinary people know this, it sounds impossible for thousands of engineers to make a mistake in such a matter.

It is very unusual when we compare FLIR and machine gun location with AH-64, Mi-28 etc...
We will probably bring a new look at the literature on this subject :D :p

Shtr

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
We have even two different prototypes for Kizilelma with significant differences in design :)

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
6 7,173
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is absurd, yet they sometimes do tricks to disguise the actual final product.

Mehmed Ali

Contributor
Reactions
1 905
Nation of residence
England(UK)
Nation of origin
Bosnia & Herzegovina
I have always thought that the primary purpose of the weapons and weapons systems is to serve as deterrent or to kill someone. If it looks good, it is just for subjective feel good factor. The looks of these things are of no importance at all. Forming an opinion on the basis of some blurry pictures is a moot point, irrational completely.
For weapons od these types, the other things are important. The things as dependability, reliability, ease of maintenance, rank and file training, effectiveness of electronics and weapons systems and logistics. That's all to it. To debate about looks or the quality of workmanship on the PROTOTYPE is pretty meaningless. I can tell you from my experience , these things aren't used for a beauty contest

Bürküt

Contributor
Defence News Editor
Reactions
61 2,178
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
i think it is not prototype nor mock-up, it must be using for test purposes testing flir and gun. it is what a ugly design, it can not be, it musnt be prototype! :D
According to @VLS from the defenceturk forum, this is the official demo prototype.He said that there might be small changes in the mass production phase.

Bürküt

Contributor
Defence News Editor
Reactions
61 2,178
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I have always thought that the primary purpose of the weapons and weapons systems is to serve as deterrent or to kill someone. If it looks good, it is just for subjective feel good factor. The looks of these things are of no importance at all. Forming an opinion on the basis of some blurry pictures is a moot point, irrational completely.
For weapons od these types, the other things are important. The things as dependability, reliability, ease of maintenance, rank and file training, effectiveness of electronics and weapons systems and logistics. That's all to it. To debate about looks or the quality of workmanship on the PROTOTYPE is pretty meaningless. I can tell you from my experience , these things aren't used for a beauty contest
You miss the point.People are criticizing because it doesn't look functional.Those who know say that there is a problem with the position of the barrel with the Flir.They say the muzzle flame will have a bad effect on the flir.Also that the angle of the gun can't look too high and because of that they say there can be only fire while the helicopter is hovering.

Sanders

Reactions
2 179
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The FLIR and machine gun location would create the problem not only because of distortion of FLIR's image quality but also the approach angle which is a bigger problem in my opinion.
As far as I understand, as the helicopter moves forward, they tilt their noses down and meanwhile, the machine gun must be at an upward angle to fire at a target. Otherwise, the helicopter must remain suspended in the air.

As we can see in the AH-1W:
1.PNG

E

Era_shield

I don't get peoples ignorance. Mr Mevlutoglu is a well known in this sector and even he find Atak 2 quite absurd. Some of you guys should stop being over defensive and be open for some criticism. We don't want this project to end up like Hürkuş. Mistakes should be eliminated from start till it gets too late.
No. Instead, Mevlutoglu should stop jumping to judgements about projects based on a single blurry photo.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom