Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,790
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I hope our Azeri Turk brothers are making progress as we speak, and don’t lack any MAM or Harops

D

dBSPL

The proposal to recognize the so called Artsakh Republic came from two dozens of MPs and senators,a bill was proposed,don't know though if it was debated and voted yet.

Hah, isn't this woman former Marseille MP? She is one of the world's best known Turcophobic politicians. Because she gained a well-deserved reputation with her 10 years of work. Her knowledge of history is incredibly poor and she is a really bad demogog. But, It is not surprising that Valerie Boyer is at the forefront when anyone in France should to lick armenian azz.

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Israel Moderator
Solutions
Reactions
11 2,875
Nation of residence
Israel
Nation of origin
Israel
Interesting recent map released by Armenian MoD is quite close to reality.

ElWrqrSWkAEgT5p

King_West

Reactions
Nation of residence
Belgium
thats would be a big step, lets hope its true, after that the northern route must be taken under control which should be a easier target.
Northern part is not that important. Those roads are already in really bad condition, and are already destroyed by artillery and drones. If this news is true, than the war is practically over, and a new stage begins.

N

Null/Void

Who Do Russians Support in Karabakh War 2020?

Conflict over Nagorno-Karabakh​

On Russia's position in the conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia​

20 October 2020
The overwhelming majority of Russians are aware of the long-standing dispute between Azerbaijan and Armenia over the territorial ownership of Nagorno-Karabakh. People also know about the resumption of the conflict. As a rule, it is believed that both parties are equally to blame. Also, most often people say that they treat both countries - participants of the confrontation equally. As for forecasts, 29% of Russians are confident that the conflict will continue, 40% think that it will begin to subside.

download data
warB.jpg

Do you know that there is a long-standing dispute between Azerbaijan and Armenia over the territorial affiliation of Nagorno-Karabakh, or have you heard anything about it?​

DATA IN% OF THE INTERESTED
%
87%
Known
12%
Heard nothing
1%
I am at a loss to answer

Do you know, have you heard something or hear for the first time now that at the end of September, after several years of armistice, the armed conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia over Nagorno-Karabakh resumed?​

%
57%
I know
27%
Heard something
fifteen%
I hear for the first time

Are you following closely, not very closely or not at all following the news about the conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh?​

The question was asked to those who know or have heard something about the resumption of the conflict around Nagorno-Karabakh, - answered 85% of respondents

28%
I follow closely

42%
I don't follow very closely

fourteen%
Do not follow

1%
I am at a loss to answer

What sources do you mainly get news about the situation in Nagorno-Karabakh from?​

The question was asked to those who know or have heard something about the resumption of the conflict over Nagorno-Karabakh, with the exception of those who do not follow the news about the conflict - answered 70% of respondents

43%
From TV and radio programs

17%
From news sites on the internet

6%
From social networks, messengers

3%
From relatives, friends, acquaintances

0%
From newspapers and print media

1%
I am at a loss to answer

The participants in the conflict explain the events in different ways, accusing each other of the beginning of hostilities. Which side do you think is more to blame for the resumption of the armed conflict - Azerbaijan or Armenia?​

The question was asked to those who know or have heard something about the resumption of the conflict around Nagorno-Karabakh, - answered 85% of respondents

nine%
Azerbaijan

8%
Both sides, but to a greater extent - Azerbaijan

41%
Both sides equally

2%
Both sides, but to a greater extent - Armenia

2%
Armenia

23%
I am at a loss to answer

And personally, in the current situation, do you rather sympathize with Azerbaijan or Armenia? Or do you treat both sides of the conflict equally?​

The question was asked to those who know about the long-standing dispute over the territorial affiliation of Nagorno-Karabakh and those who know or have heard something about the resumption of the conflict, - 92% of respondents answered

2%
I rather sympathize with Azerbaijan

12%
Rather sympathize with Armenia

71%
I treat both sides of the conflict equally

7%
I am at a loss to answer

What position do you think Russia should now take: support Azerbaijan, support Armenia or not support either side?​

The question was asked to those who are aware of the long-standing dispute over the territorial affiliation of Nagorno-Karabakh, and to those who heard about the resumption of the conflict - 92% of respondents answered

1%
Support Azerbaijan

8%
Support Armenia

59%
Support neither side

24%
I am at a loss to answer

Why, in your opinion, should Russia support Azerbaijan?​

Open question. Was asked to think that Russia should support Azerbaijan, - 1% of respondents answered
Show Answers
All Answers
1%

Difficult to answer, no answer
<1%

Why, in your opinion, should Russia support Armenia?​

Open question. Was asked to think that Russia should support Armenia, - 8% of respondents answered
Show Answers
Armenia is a union state, friendly to Russia
3%

This is the responsibility of Russia under the CSTO treaty
2%

Armenians are Christian brothers
1%

Armenia is right in this conflict
1%

Armenia is a calmer, more peaceful country
1%

Other
1%

2%

Why, in your opinion, shouldn't Russia support either side?​

Open question. Asked those who think that Russia should not support either side, - 59% of respondents answered
Show Answers
You cannot interfere in the affairs of other states, they must resolve the conflict between them themselves
20%

Russia must deal with internal problems
nine%

Armenia and Azerbaijan are friendly countries to us, you can lose contact with one of them
8%

Russia should try to reconcile the parties
6%

Russia can be dragged into hostilities, Russians will die
five%

Support from one of the two parties can worsen the situation
4%

Russia may be to blame
3%

Russia must be neutral
2%

Armenia moved away from Russia
1%

Other
1%

6%

Some believe that Russia should do everything in its power to end the conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia. Others believe that Russia should not be very active on this issue. Which point of view is closer to you?​

DATA IN% OF GROUPS
The question was asked to those who are aware of the long-standing dispute over the territorial affiliation of Nagorno-Karabakh, and to those who heard about the resumption of the conflict - 92% of respondents answered

47%
Rather the first (Russia must do everything in its power to end the conflict)

39%
Rather the second (Russia should not be very active in this matter)

6%
I am at a loss to answer

I am at a loss to answer

General population

18-30 years old

five

31-45 years old

46-60 years old

Over 60 years old

I am at a loss to answer

General population

Secondary general education and below

Secondary special education

Higher education

What actions, in your opinion, should Russia take to end the conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia?​

Open question. Was asked by those who think that Russia should do everything in its power to end the conflict, - answered 47% of respondents
Show Answers
Organize diplomatic negotiations, mediate these negotiations
29%

Introduce peacekeeping forces into an armed conflict zone
2%

To teach a lesson, to take tough force measures
1%

Influence the situation with economic leverage
1%

Other
2%

fourteen%

Do you think the aggravation of the conflict in Nagorno-Karabakh will continue in the near future or will it begin to subside?​

The question was asked to those who know about the long-standing dispute over the territorial affiliation of Nagorno-Karabakh and those who know or have heard something about the resumption of the conflict, - 92% of respondents answered

29%
Will continue

40%
Will begin to subside

22%
I am at a loss to answer

Data source: All-Russian telephone survey of citizens of the Russian Federation 18 years old and older on October 9-11, 2020, 1000 respondents. The error stat does not exceed 3.8%.
Until March 22, 2020, FOMnibus, a weekly all-Russian apartment poll, was conducted. 53 constituent entities of the Russian Federation, 104 settlements, 1500 respondents.

Armenophilia tends to increase with:

• Higher education
  • Wealth
  • Muscovites
But the effects aren’t that big.

Probably the single most interesting result is that Azerbaijan doesn’t enjoy elevated sympathy in neither the North Caucasus (10% pro-Armenia, 0% pro-Azeri) nor in the Volga region (11% pro-Armenian, 1% pro-Azeri), as one might naively expect from religious/ethnic factors.

This is relevant because the latter, which contains DICh, would be the focal point of any broad Islamic-oriented support for Azerbaijan (*very* broad, because Azerbaijan is a secular Shi’ite state, whereas the “problematics” within DICh are Sunni fundamentalists), whereas the former, which contains Volga Tatars and some other Turkic peoples, would be the focal point of any ethnonationalist Turkic-oriented support for Azerbaijan.

But in neither case does it seem to make a statistically noticeable difference, in fact both regions are more pro-Armenian than the average. (Though this in turn is probably a statistical artifact of low samples than anything real).

There are good reasons for Russia to extend some degree of aid to Armenia to prevent the conquest of Artsakh. But Armenian scaremongering about Turks weaponizing Dagestanis or Volga Tatars against Russia probably don’t come into that equation.

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
The proposal to recognize the so called Artsakh Republic came from two dozens of MPs and senators,a bill was proposed,don't know though if it was debated and voted yet.

They are not able to do it, because our side said in a case of that, they will kick out all Frenh oil companies out of Azerbaijan. We might also lose all Russian schools as soon as the war finish.

Haman10

Reactions
Why not side with Israel and U.S to break Iran apart? We know, even Arabs would join this coalition, after the normalize relation with Israel.
Because you can't? So many more powerful players have tried in the last and have failed. The idea that you have the power to do such a thing is mind-boggling.
Iran is not helping Azerbaijan because she's having an existential crisis, lol. If Iran had such a problem, it wouldn't help the Azerbaijan government in helping the war, arming them. It would have simply given a couple of modern Early warning systems and Short-range missile systems to Armenia to protect against UCAVs, and trust me, that would have changed the course of war.
If there are separatists inside Iran - which there are, like all countries in the world - showing them the failure of their utopia is more compelling to them than helping it win. Don't you think?

guest_07

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Nation of origin
Malaysia
Assalamu'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh to Muslim
& Good day to the rest

Today is a quiet day.
Peace already come to Karabakh?

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,790
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Only sustainability solution is Azerbaycan liberating Karabagh.

I seriously think Azerbaycan needs to hustle too many countries are beginning to think they can play the peacemaker!

Let's be clear the Minsk group consists of christians. And Iran is not reliable. The best you can hope for is Iran doesn't meddle.

guest_07

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Malaysia
Nation of origin
Malaysia

Only sustainability solution is Azerbaycan liberating Karabagh.

I seriously think Azerbaycan needs to hustle too many countries are beginning to think they can play the peacemaker!

Let's be clear the Minsk group consists of christians. And Iran is not reliable. The best you can hope for is Iran doesn't meddle.
Fake peacemaker
is not a peacemaker.
History is the prove.

To Azerbaijan,
kindly continue
with the liberation.

Insha Allah,
Allah be with you.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom