Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
87 11,127
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Agree, no ToT except for close partners like Azerbaijan.

In Özal's time, the F-16 was shown as a domestic fighter jet on election posters, if you know what I mean. Since there is above average industrial knowledge here, I think we will understand each other without writing everything clearly. In a nutshell, I think ToT is a good marketing statement against buyers who are not well consulted or for some reason weak buyers. Periodically scan the defense forums and social media of countries that aspire to Turkiye's model, they hang on this 'ToT' a lot, but no one is interested in the content. They can't analyze how we are going through certain paths, because even that is a process... You can appear to give a lot and give nothing, or you can appear to give nothing and give a lot. It depends on the infrastructure capacity of the receiving industry, its manpower and its ability to plan.

As for Egypt, my view is that it is one of the countries that we need on our side. The two countries can achieve great things together. I'm talking about a win-win model, not a one-way model, and a fair cooperation. So when two countries support each other industrially, it indirectly has a multiplier effect on the diplomatic influence of both countries. For example, Egypt becoming less dependent on the western defense bureaucracy can serve our interests as well as the interests of the Egyptian people. In a future where we are the main supplier and solution partner of the Egyptian army, no one can acts against Egyptian and Turkish interests in the eastern Mediterranean. But the first sentences of this story should be a compromise on the basic principles in my previous message and a full resolution of some main issues.

Last edited:

bruhman

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
In Özal's time, the F-16 was shown as a domestic fighter jet on election posters, if you know what I mean. Since there is above average industrial knowledge here, I think we will understand each other without writing everything clearly. In a nutshell, I think ToT is a good marketing statement against buyers who are not well consulted or for some reason weak buyers. Periodically scan the defense forums and social media of countries that aspire to Turkiye's model, they hang on this 'ToT' a lot, but no one is interested in the content. They can't analyze how we are going through certain paths, because even that is a process... You can appear to give a lot and give nothing, or you can appear to give nothing and give a lot. It depends on the infrastructure capacity of the receiving industry, its manpower and its ability to plan.

As for Egypt, my view is that it is one of the countries that we need on our side. The two countries can achieve great things together. I'm talking about a win-win model, not a one-way model, and a fair cooperation. So when two countries support each other industrially, it indirectly has a multiplier effect on the diplomatic influence of both countries. For example, Egypt becoming less dependent on the western defense bureaucracy can serve our interests as well as the interests of the Egyptian people. In a future where we are the main supplier and solution partner of the Egyptian army, no one can acts against Egyptian and Turkish interests in the eastern Mediterranean. But the first sentences of this story should be a compromise on the basic principles in my previous message and a full resolution of some main issues.
And what happens when egypt returns to civil leadership only to get couped again in a decade or two? Now haven't we given tech to a state that has proven to be unstable over the years?

You yourself stated just how many partnerships went down the drain when sisi came to power..

I cant see egypt as anything more than a customer and that is all, not a partner to get intertwined with that deep, if there is to be transfer it should be minimal and uncritical..unless tai is very strapped for sales

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
87 11,127
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
And what happens when egypt returns to civil leadership only to get couped again in a decade or two? Now haven't we given tech to a state that has proven to be unstable over the years?

You yourself stated just how many partnerships went down the drain when sisi came to power..

I cant see egypt as anything more than a customer and that is all, not a partner to get intertwined with that deep, if there is to be transfer it should be minimal and uncritical..unless tai is very strapped for sales
It was a mistake for Turkiye to get directly involved in Egyptian politics and take sides between the MB and the military tutelage. This MB issue is worthy of further discussion, and I have made extensive posts in other forums explaining my position. We made an organization that ideologically could never establish a long term trust relationship with Turkish culture and interests the main actor of Turkish foreign policy in the Arab geography. This was the short-sightedness of the previous government structure led by RTE, a now mostly purged version, fortunately geopolitical conditions have opened a window to make up for this mistake. In short, relations should be state-to-state, not faction-to-faction. The quickest way to do this is to harmonize high interests.

Last edited:

zio

Reactions
6 513
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Is it single set hürjet?

Attachments

• IMG_1375.jpeg
    IMG_1375.jpeg
    939.9 KB · Views: 21

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,476
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Definition of "closeness" would include many other countries than Azerbaijan if you would ask our current policy-maker. They are using resources of Turkey for compensating their foreign policy failures. The reason we are giving so much to Egypt is they defeated Erdoğan government in Muslim Brotherhood struggle, also they played their very well in East Med. Sisi landed Ankara as a victor. I protest giving our national technology to countries current government is incapable of dealing with. I wish we had more than policy-maker in this issues. Sad. So sad...

lol

what did we gived egypt?

somegoodusername

Reactions
1 91
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
lol

what did we gived egypt?
Turkish-Egyptian deals have favorable terms for Egypt and less favorable terms for Turkey, compared to an alternative scenario where the current government did not treat Egypt as an enemy in the region based on their inner-group Muslim Brotherhood ally ideology. Many of our defence deals with Egypt included tech transfers which Egypt took by leveraging their position in Mid East and East Med against Turkey.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,476
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkish-Egyptian deals have favorable terms for Egypt and less favorable terms for Turkey, compared to an alternative scenario where the current government did not treat Egypt as an enemy in the region based on their inner-group Muslim Brotherhood ally ideology. Many of our defence deals with Egypt included tech transfers which Egypt took by leveraging their position in Mid East and East Med against Turkey.

againg what did we give away? I am not asking you what you are thinking but on paper what did we give away? Ther is no information but you have something.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom