Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Jhie_Oeng

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
With the stamp of Indonesian president over those pages that means all of the defense contracts will soon to be effective?
yeeehaaaa........
I hope this covid pandemic doesn't ruin the plans that have been made

Chestnut

Professional
Reactions
You guys do realize that the $20,7 foreign credit cap set by SMI has pretty much stopped any Rafale deal from seriously happening before 2024 right? French equipment is notoriously expensive, French contractors tend to underbid their competitors just to secure the deal and only then balloon up the costs because of extra stuff that they like to put in AFTER they win the contract (look at India's Rafale deal, the Canadian CSC program, and more recently the Australian Sub Deal for example).

This goes for the F-15EX as well, there's no way they can afford a squadron's worth of airframes. If Prabowo keeps pushing for either of the two, the Air Force has to cancel all other projects like the MRSAM, GCI, AWACS, MRTT as well as mothball some of the Flankers since it will literally take up the entire portion of that cap that's set aside for the Air Force. And this is just for PROCURING them, don't get me started on keeping them airworthy.

The only fighters the Air Force can really buy in large numbers without putting a dent in their budget is literally either the F-16V or the F/A-50. I'm sure that SMI knows this, hence why the Rafale isn't on the blue book yet. Don't be blinded by nationalistic zeal and over optimism guys, follow the money trail because numbers don't lie.

Last edited:

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,865
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
You guys do realize that the $20,7 foreign credit cap set by SMI has pretty much stopped any Rafale deal from seriously happening before 2024 right? French equipment is notoriously expensive, French contractors tend to underbid their competitors just to secure the deal and only then balloon up the costs because of extra stuff that they like to put in AFTER they win the contract (look at India's Rafale deal, the Canadian CSC program, and more recently the Australian Sub Deal for example).

This goes for the F-15EX as well, there's no way they can afford a squadron's worth of airframes. If Prabowo keeps pushing for either of the two, the Air Force has to cancel all other projects like the MRSAM, GCI, AWACS, MRTT as well as mothball some of the Flankers since it will literally take up the entire portion of that cap that's set aside for the Air Force. And this is just for PROCURING them, don't get me started on keeping them airworthy.

The only fighters the Air Force can really in large numbers without putting a dent in their budget is literally either the F-16V or the F/A-50. I'm sure that SMI knows this, hence why the Rafale isn't on the blue book yet. Don't be blinded by nationalistic zeal and over optimism guys, follow the money trail because numbers don't lie.
Hmmm... that mysterious Viper buyer...
How about 2 squadrons F16v and 1 squadrons Typhoon tranche 4 instead? 😁

Long time not see you here mate...

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Hmmm... that mysterious Viper buyer...
How about 2 squadrons F16v and 1 squadrons Typhoon tranche 4 instead? 😁

Long time not see you here mate...

Err.... Who is (high profile officer from some country) which is very recently visiting our manufacturing plant and had deep conversation 🙄

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,865
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Err.... Who is (high profile officer from some country) which is very recently visiting our manufacturing plant and had deep conversation 🙄
🤔 Well... the one I know was officially just went to cargo section, so I don't know what you're talking about... 🤷‍♂️🤭

Last edited:

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,865
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Literally zero chance for Typhoon at this point.
Still hoping... 🥲
kemhanri_20210917_200136_2.jpg

How about diverting that 1.1 billion?

Barjo_2

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

The only fighters the Air Force can really buy in large numbers without putting a dent in their budget is literally either the F-16V or the F/A-50. I'm sure that SMI knows this, hence why the Rafale isn't on the blue book yet. Don't be blinded by nationalistic zeal and over optimism guys, follow the money trail because numbers don't lie.
True

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,476
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I've always wanted the air force to go full F-16 in all their frontline fighter fleet, kinda like what TurAF do.

but well who am I to choose for the air force.

wekiweko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Barbados
Nation of origin
Barbados
again, being able to spam close to a hundred AMRAAM equipped falcons (or 50 something falcons) is not a bad thing really

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,865
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I've always wanted the air force to go full F-16 in all their frontline fighter fleet, kinda like what TurAF do.

but well who am I to choose for the air force.
For me, buy a lot of Viper but buy some "big hammer" too. F15, F35, Typhoon, or Rafale.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,476
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
For me, buy a lot of Viper but buy some "big hammer" too. F15, F35, Typhoon, or Rafale.
budget bro.....

but anyway since we're talking hypothetical , don't you think an F-16(V) is best paired with the Eagle II ?? consider that both uses the same engine ??

unless it's an F-35, an F-16V is just as advanced if not more advanced than some of the Europeans offer

Top Bottom