Reactions
16 4,397
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
The Moroccan military defense industry

The ideal structure of the Moroccan defense industry

the structure of the defense industry is unknown since the law was passed in 2020. There are no names of any companies or any state defense company like Jordanian (Jordanian Design and Development Bureau/JODDB. As far as I am concerned, we haven't even appointed an agency for defense industries and a ministry for our defense industries. In many countries, you have a head of the defense industry who is the president and part of The Defense Industry Executive Committee with the Head of State is the King/President, followed by the Chief of Defense, the Commander, the Minister of the Interior, and the Minister of Finance.

If we do not create a structure in our defense industry, we will never see any unexpected explosive growth or any major progress. This is a must to distribute our resources in the best way, supervise them and report them directly to the King. This should be a good start for Morocco. It's confirmed that we have started production of different types of reconnaissance, and attack drones, as well as Ammunition.

We must first create two large state corporations with different purposes. The Defense Industry Agency and the commission would then be tasked with regulating or encouraging private companies to produce weapons in the untouched areas. Yes, private companies will have the option to invest in what they think, but our agency should encourage them to invest in areas that have potential and are untapped so that we don't suddenly have 10 companies producing, say, nightly googles. After a few decades when our defense industry has matured, we can benefit from competitiveness between companies working in the same field.

Big Companies I would love to see

The major state companies that I would like to see are the following:

- Moroccan Aerospace Industries ( Already established, often referred to by the name "AERO-MAROC").

(Technology center in design, development, manufacturing, aviation systems integration, and modernization). The company must have manufacturing capabilities ranging from parts manufacturing to aircraft assembly, flight testing, and delivery. In the beginning, they could get a license and produce everything from the F16 to helicopters like the Black Hawk. Also, the production of drones can be part of this one company or a separate company.

At the moment we have a well-established aviation industry with big companies like Thales, Boeing, Safran, Airbus, and so on. We must attract the most qualified personnel from these companies to our pure Moroccan airline focused on the defense segment. Our local input rate is between 40-50 %.

- The Moroccan aerospace industry could have a subsidiary called for example MEI (Moroccan Engine Industries)

With a primary focus on manufacturing licensed engines for our combat aircraft, as well as for our helicopter fleet. They can produce f110 turbofan engines for our f16 vehicles, as well as turboshaft engines for our Apaches, as well as our utility/transport helicopters. Morocco already has an ecosystem when it comes to engines for both civilian aircraft, but also military engines through different companies. Safran is one of the most well-established in Morocco when it comes to engines for military use.

- Moroccan Naval Shipbuilding Company.

Moroccan companies have their own shipyards or can use public shipyards to build ships. The company can obtain technology transfer and also build some ships in Morocco. We will learn how to build and repair our hulls as well as design them. The Casablanca shipyard will have the capacity to build simultaneously 6 medium-sized boats on the lifting platform (5000 tonnes).

- A Moroccan company specializing in weapons such as pistols and assault rifles.

The company will first start obtaining a license to produce assault rifles to replace the aging AK47 and M16. This will help them to slowly start producing different parts of the gun with the necessary machinery. In the future, the company will have the expertise to make our original rifles.

- A Moroccan software and systems company

Active in command and control systems, combat/battle management systems as well as reconnaissance, surveillance, and intelligence systems. We can get a TOT in the beginning, as well as build a complete program from scratch with a foreign company where we can access the source codes or configure ourselves with them.

- A Moroccan Rocket/Missile company

Specialized in the design, development, and manufacture of rockets and missiles. We can start producing a license for all of our rockets and other types of submunitions. This can be everything from cruise missiles, all the way to artillery shells or ammunition for guns.

-Moroccan defense electronic company

Everything from radars, communications, electronic warfare, avionics, air defenses/missile systems, and a wide range of products spanning all sectors of our defense industry. Everything from air defense radars and electronic warfare systems to smaller electronic equipment like nighttime goggles. It is perhaps one of the most important companies in our defense industry.

-Moroccan Military Vehicles Company.

Specialized in the production of vehicles of all kinds. Everything from the production of tank parts, as well as the licensed production of IFVs, MRAPS, and APCs. The company can also have its own engine/transmission division where we can produce 400hp, 600hp, 1000hp, and 1500hp for our tanks and vehicles. Also possible to make our own vehicles with help in design, and support.

All companies will be specialized in different fields, and have different numbers in the percentage of localization. Even if we have obtained production licenses in many fields, we should always aim to produce the parts with the highest localization ratio. This will be the first step for us to mature, and gain experience from our first joint production projects. In-house production will save us time, eliminate headaches, reduce production costs, as well as be a good contributor to our economy. One thing I forgot to add is that Morocco should have a company that only specializes in research and development.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,379
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Will Moroccan economy be able to support that big fat list ?

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,397
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Will Moroccan economy be able to support that big fat list ?
If we can import billions, and billions from abroad then why should we not be able to support them? Turkey did it for several years with a budget of around 10 billion USD in 2003-2004, to around 17-20 billion in the last years. I'm more interested in knowing if we have the real infrastructure to develop weapons that are paired with the procurement we make. It would be similar to Turkey's approach that goes for something similar in quality, or better than their western counterparts.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,379
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
If we can import billions, and billions from abroad then why should we not be able to support them? Turkiye did it for several years with a budget of around 10 billion USD in 2003-2004, to around 17-20 billion in the last years. I'm more interested in knowing if we have the real infrastructure to develop weapons that are paired with the procurement we make. It would be similar to Turkiye's approach that goes for something similar in quality, or better than their western counterparts.
I am curious, for now what are the weapons morocco produces locally?

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,379
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I'm very curious about how our defense industry will expand as well. Our defense budget is 11 billion (Procurement)+ 6 billion ( Personnel/Bases) this year so we have enough resources. Right now the only information we got publically is that we are now manufacturing drones and different ammunition. We don't have any additional information, but some Moroccan leakers claim that we also have projects in the land vehicle part. IFV has been leaked, but no information.
Bro! your defence bugdet 8 percent of your total GDP!😲

I guess, there is a positive side for living in higher threat environment!
At least for defense nerds like us!😂

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,397
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Bro! your defence bugdet 8 percent of your total GDP!😲

I guess, there is a positive side for living in higher threat environment!
At least for defense nerds like us!😂
The real GDP is much higher than 130 billion USD, but let's keep it to the official figures. We have Spain in the north and to the east we have Algeria. We neglected our military for such a long time, now its time to modernize our armed forces with our local industry that will benefit our economy and defense. For us defense enthusiast its awsome but in Morocco we have a lot of secrecy even in the smallest of deals...

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,397
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
The picture is from the headquarters of the Royal Moroccan Navy during the reception of the Pakistani Navy Commander.
In the background, we see the world map drawn by the Moroccan scholar Muhammad al-Idrisi in the 12th century
, which is considered among the first maps of the world that were drawn accurately
MOROCCO NAVY HQ.jpg

Latebra Factum

Reactions
2 629
Nation of residence
Morocco
Nation of origin
Moroco
we can see that moroccan units are using plate carriers instead of the old bulletproof jacket

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,397
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
For the first time the Moroccan army admits to having long range defence missiles, as well as electronic warfare systems!

the official magazine of the Royal Moroccan Armed Forces confirms the construction of a layered air defense network as well as an integrated network. The article is mentioning contracting, and owning long-range, and anti-ballistic air defense systems most likely related to operating fd2000b/Pac 3, and preparing to receive Barak MX! I'm not sure if the fd2000B export variant has anti-ballistic missile capability, so it s also possible that morocco has received the first batches of Barak MX. The only logical answer would be that the news about the deal came out late, like the tb2 deal between Turkey and Morocco. Chinese defense systems in 2009, beginning with the Chinese Sky Card, then the Sky Dragon, then the FD2000B.

The magazine also mentioned that training on the electronic warfare system has begun, and as for the electronic warfare systems its most likely the Aselsan Koral that are reported to be delivered in 2023.

@AlphaMike @T-123456 @Cabatli_TR @Saithan @Nilgiri @Yasar

I have mentioned in this post, but also on many occasions that we most likely have the FD200-B. However i never had any visual footage to show, but today we have the first pictures of our FD2000-B/HQ9. The acquisition of additional long-range anti-ballistic is a part of a program initiated in 2009 to build a layered and multifunctional air and missile defense.

@Gary @TR_123456 @Cabatli_TR @Nilgiri

FD 2000 B MOROCCO 2.jpg

FD2000B MOROCCO.jpg

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,362
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I have mentioned in this post, but also on many occasions that we most likely have the FD200-B. However i never had any visual footage to show, but today we have the first pictures of our FD2000-B/HQ9. The acquisition of additional long-range anti-ballistic is a part of a program initiated in 2009 to build a layered and multifunctional air and missile defense.

@Gary @TR_123456 @Cabatli_TR @Nilgiri

View attachment 52567

View attachment 52568
The picture quality is too blurry to make a conclusion.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,397
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
The picture quality is too blurry to make a conclusion.
Moroccan army magazine confirmed 4-5 months ago that we possess a long-range air defense system, and I think we all have seen the reports. Either this is the FD2000-B or the PAC 3. The satellite picture was posted by a credible Moroccan defense "blogger", and he claimed that it is the FD2000-B. We will most likely see the FD2000-B in the Moroccan army magazine in the coming months, just like they did with the sky dragon 50. I would guess we got the deliveries from the SD50 and FD2000-B between 2016-2019. Possible earlier to :)

Latebra Factum

Reactions
2 629
Nation of residence
Morocco
Nation of origin
Moroco
Moroccan army magazine confirmed 4-5 months ago that we possess a long-range air defense system, and I think we all have seen the reports. Either this is the FD2000-B or the PAC 3. The satellite picture was posted by a credible Moroccan defense "blogger", and he claimed that it is the FD2000-B. We will most likely see the FD2000-B in the Moroccan army magazine in the coming months, just like they did with the sky dragon 50. I would guess we got the deliveries from the SD50 and FD2000-B between 2016-2019. Possible earlier to :)
It's not " claimed " , it's "confirmed" , he's a 100% believable source

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom