Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,362
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The oklava adds negative status effect: -100 credibility
The effect of a small stick on your perception is enormous, it takes away your ability of matching what you hear to what you expect from the Kaan project and seeing the alignment that is there and reduces the news to the status of not being there while it actually carries lots of information.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
88 11,304
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Unfortunately, anyone with a 1 meter ruler or a stick calls himself a defense industry expert. But this man in the video above is in another dimension, I am not talking about the last video shared but in general. I have very serious doubts about this man.

Fairon

Reactions
6 962
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Unfortunately, anyone with a 1 meter ruler or a stick calls himself a defense industry expert. But this man in the video above is in another dimension, I am not talking about the last video shared but in general. I have very serious doubts about this man.

Isn't this the guy calls TF-2000 a aircraft carrier, telling tf10000 will power Kaan etc?

At this point , it is not a doubt anymore. He is constantly giving false information, even with the basic things.

hugh

Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
The guy is obviously a clown. He said that KAAN can open its IWBs, launch the missile and close them under a split-second. "It's so fast that you can't even detect it with your own eyes."(bir salisenin altında) That's what he said at the end of the video.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
88 11,304
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Isn't this the guy calls TF-2000 a aircraft carrier, telling tf10000 will power Kaan etc?

At this point , it is not a doubt anymore. He is constantly giving false information, even with the basic things.
What I doubt is not this man's technical qualification, it is already obvious that he does not have it. I have doubts about something else but I cannot write about it here openly.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
33 19,517
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
I am sure your guys are spot on. I don't really watch any clickbait video stuff, so I'll trust your judgement on that he's got some loose marbles and lost some screw :D

Rooxbar

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
53 1,820
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
If you see a guy on T.V. most likely you don't need to take them seriously. T.V. is the second lowest quality source of information (after its internet counterparts, i.e. social media).

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,362
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
What I doubt is not this man's technical qualification, it is already obvious that he does not have it. I have doubts about something else but I cannot write about it here openly.
It does not matter if he has the engineering knowledge or not, what matters is there is a wealth of information in what he says to the ears that hear.

cr33pt3d

Reactions
6 170
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
the worst part is knowing that people like him have direct access to TAI and other companies. if i worked for one of those company and watch that clown spreading bullshit on tv, that would make me very very sad .i'm not sure if there is another country in the world where people have access to defense companies like that. these people are intel liabilities. nobody seems to give a sh@t about that.

Fairon

Reactions
6 962
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
the worst part is knowing that people like him have direct access to TAI and other companies. if i worked for one of those company and watch that clown spreading bullshit on tv, that would make me very very sad .i'm not sure if there is another country in the world where people have access to defense companies like that. these people are intel liabilities. nobody seems to give a sh@t about that.

On the other hand, most of the Intel guys like this provides would be wrong so there is that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Baklava Consumer

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Can someone tell me why it looks very weird from this angle?
Is the nose too long, it looks kind of deformed?
I remember someone saying they were going to make the nose shorter or something.

1729017762445.png

Baklava Consumer

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
F-22 nose
1729019355992.png

Kaan nose:
1729019396341.png

Kaan doesn't look very proportional, nose is too long.
Kaan needs a nosejob. Maybe some changes to the fuselage too. I think P1 prototype will be different come 2025.

Baklava Consumer

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
1729019857852.png

Maybe they should combine the IRST and EOTS at the bottom like the F-35 for a cleaner/compact look although it looks very unique. IRST is a sensor that is better on top anyway as it provides a better forward field of view.

SU-57 has IRST at the nose too. I wonder why the Americans haven't done it?
1729021134154.png

Last edited:

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
8 3,917
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Can someone tell me why it looks very weird from this angle?
Is the nose too long, it looks kind of deformed?
I remember someone saying they were going to make the nose shorter or something.

View attachment 71210
A lot of the pictures available of KAAN has been shot with a short focal length.
Short focal length distorts the object of the picture by its nature.
Please refer to the gif attached down below:
focal-length-gif-in-photography-1.gif

bruhman

Reactions
1 30
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
View attachment 71215

Maybe they should combine the IRST and EOTS at the bottom like the F-35 for a cleaner/compact look although it looks very unique. IRST is a sensor that is better on top anyway as it provides a better forward field of view.

SU-57 has IRST at the nose too. I wonder why the Americans haven't done it?
View attachment 71216

The thing is infrared search/track isn't just one thing. Some reddittor had a huge paragraph on the technical workings behind different IRST systems that I don't remember much from but essentially while the name IRST might be shared between common profiles an EOTS system that encompasses IRST such as F35's is not the same thing as, say, Typhoon's pirate or other such air-to-air focused IRST systems and have different capabilites.

I think Kaan has both EOTS and IRST because said IRST is meant to enable a better chance against stealth 5th gen systems in the air-to-air role, and is thus a specialized tool in comparison to the ground based EOTS system. There is a reason why even the F-22 is still going to receive a dedicated IRST system and it's probably not for lasering JDAMs considering it's their premiere air superiority platform.

But that also brings to question the J-20, which has a combined EOTS like the F35. Whether that is a compromise or not I don't know. I'd like to believe that the folks at TAI just wanna be prepared for all mission profiles compared to the F-35 which is first and foremost a strike jet. (And even against it, potentially)

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom