Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
May I ask, why is Akinci running independently ? What significance does it bring ?

As we know it from politics, a political party usually has a clear-ish agenda, background, backing, and you more or less know what they stand for overall.

I can follow the attractiveness of voting for an independent candidate who doesn't have affiliation to a party, but that also brings risks with it.

Such as the president doing one thing while the PM and cabinet is another thing.

Only two things that comes to mind atm is the Corona help package from GC, and I think the PM said he wasn't involved or kept in the loop on the meetings with GC.

All these problems are just recently arised, as a tradition.. President is a balancing power and the true legit leader who handles international relations and Cyprus peace talks. Government has no representation outside and handles internal issues. Our community value independency of president a lot. Akıncı is from a party who barely gets 7-10%. If he affiliates himself with that party he would stuck on that. All his campaign emphasises he will represent all who wants peace, indenpendency and sovereignty. Presiden and PM have different roles so small conflicts do not affect state. Akıncı has nothing to say in internal management and PM has no saying in peace talks. Similarly people got higher votes from same Party by being "independent" and taking attention to person in Municipal elections. Also he does not want to limit himself to his party's ideology and policy.

Blackeyes90

Contributor
Reactions
3 2,786
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
All these problems are just recently arised, as a tradition.. President is a balancing power and the true legit leader who handles international relations and Cyprus peace talks. Government has no representation outside and handles internal issues. Our community value independency of president a lot. Akıncı is from a party who barely gets 7-10%. If he affiliates himself with that party he would stuck on that. All his campaign emphasises he will represent all who wants peace, indenpendency and sovereignty. Presiden and PM have different roles so small conflicts do not affect state. Akıncı has nothing to say in internal management and PM has no saying in peace talks. Similarly people got higher votes from same Party by being "independent" and taking attention to person in Municipal elections. Also he does not want to limit himself to his party's ideology and policy.
long story short ; Akıncı went Independent to get more votes.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
24 19,011
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

But wouldn't the President candidate not have to establish a clear line for what he will go for on peace talks ? And what if he changes direction after getting elected ?

I want to point out that after the Annan plan, I consider the federal solution to be dead. There can only be two states, and time is not on our side to be honest.

The GC won't even go back to pre 1974 stuff. They want absolute democracy, which means they rule you because they have majority. Just like how AKP did/does in Turkey the difference is that we're all Turks and we can get rid of AKP/RTE, but in KKTC you are up against Greeks, who like Armenians has been raised and indoctrinated for one purpose.

Do you want to take that chance ? We're civilized is not an argument, look at NK, or Israel (Knesset) can you imagine that you are the Arabs there ?

Right and Left would rather work together than have the Arabs join a government structure. :(

Does Akinci support federalism or Sovereign hood. He can't have both, and he can't play on both horses. I do not believe that is healthy for KKTC.

Like I said, it was a very grave mistake that Turkey allowed GC to join EU...

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,216
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
That was not even Tatar's plan, his campaign is managed by AKP. He learned that plan when he went to Ankara. That was a not a planned action that is why it caused rage against him and his master's . It is just pure populism. Here we have strict election rules and for the first time, someone messed up all our rules that we used to. Opening ceremonies and political decisions are restricted yet he do both. Suddenly he found some money(millions) and give people aid which is forbidden during elections.

Opening Marash was not plan. Even Akıncı mentioned that 5 years ago as a political maneuver against Greek Gas deals.. Especially foreign minister (who is an expert in international law) had a plan for opening Marash for years, and this year he started projects and planning about that. We supposed to make it in a way that UN or International courts could not punish us yet Greeks would be outplayed.. Tatar messed up it just for election, he rushed up and don't even inform his partner in the coalition.. Populism at its finest.. Tatar and his masters are doing everything to win here..

So you can understand why Turkish Cypriots are currently pissed off.. and why there are voting Akıncı.. I would not prefer Akıncı as a President and I didn't vote him. But if we have to choose between these two.. most people will not vote Tatar
Turkish Cypriots should understand that the land they are sitting on is handed to them by past generations and they are not free to make decisions on it by themselves. Some seems to know this yet some seems to need to be taught.

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus

I mean if the President of KKTC is doing peace talks. Who is going to monitor him and the maps/deals he may make ?
I would not take any share/post/comment seriously if it includes this "for sale" provocateur looking for a seat or interest.. She only sells lies to get attention. Nobody takes her seriously in N.Cyprus.. Most of her followers are from Turkey too.

Let me tell you something.. Without approval of Turkish Government* Turkey! NO ONE can share maps.. There is NO map since Annan plan.. This is a great lie used by rivals.. Do you think 1 guy can decide what to give? Turkey approved the maps in Annan Plan.. Don't let them fool you.. Akıncı or anyother president has no power to decide the map without approval of government in TRNC or TR.. He negotiates rights etc then have to inform other parties.... Besides.. these maps, giving land thing has always being part of negotiations since 1970s, Denktaş did the same thing.. They are just trying to influence people and demonize the guy they don't want

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus

This is a legit reason for Turkish Cypriots to become increasingly anti-Turkey.. Feel offended and distance themselves. This is our land and we decide what to do with it, who to vote. Turkey is losing us by alienating and threatening. People like this guy are a threat to our existence, identity, future and sovereignty just like EOKA. Turkey came to our aid not to take our freedom or land! if you want a united future for all Turks, you should respect differences. Greeks tried to destroy us, they are still after taking all Cyprus yes but that also applies to anyone who try to destroy our culture and identity. People are feeling drowned here..

No offence but Syrians, Nigerians, Pakistanis, Vietnamese, Filipinos, Indonesians, Kurds, Turks from Mainland, Arabs.. Cypriots already become minority here.. Young generation is migrating, a big brain drain is happening here.

Next week we will find out even though there is extreme intervention to elections, people want to send a message about intervention. And Akıncı's potential vote is not more than 10% in reality. Provocateurs like Emete or Sefa could not affect locals, only promote hatred against Akıncı in Turkey..

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
24 19,011
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

This is a legit reason for Turkish Cypriots to become increasingly anti-Turkey.. Feel offended and distance themselves. This is our land and we decide what to do with it, who to vote. Turkey is losing us by alienating and threatening. People like this guy are a threat to our existence, identity, future and sovereignty just like EOKA. Turkey came to our aid not to take our freedom or land! if you want a united future for all Turks, you should respect differences. Greeks tried to destroy us, they are still after taking all Cyprus yes but that also applies to anyone who try to destroy our culture and identity. People are feeling drowned here..

No offence but Syrians, Nigerians, Pakistanis, Vietnamese, Filipinos, Indonesians, Kurds, Turks from Mainland, Arabs.. Cypriots already become minority here.. Young generation is migrating, a big brain drain is happening here.

Next week we will find out even though there is extreme intervention to elections, people want to send a message about intervention. And Akıncı's potential vote is not more than 10% in reality. Provocateurs like Emete or Sefa could not affect locals, only promote hatred against Akıncı in Turkey..

I think the misinformation is the greatest enemy to us all. And that guy should be arrested.

Just looking at the current conflict in NK I can see how little the west bothers covering both sides of the problem or even caring to give a historic resume to readers.

Unfortunately we're stuck with RTE and AKP for another 3 years unless unrest in Turkey reaches a level that makes the current government and their supporting party go to early elections.

All I can say is, we have to hold out until after 2023.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
24 19,011
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

I think it's a pretty good video. IMO just restart Maras and open it, and companies wanting to come back can come back. As I said status quo isn't in the interest of KKTC.

Last edited:

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
19 19,929
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
I have no idea about the two candidates. The only thing I know is that Greece and the South Cyprus Greeks want Akinci to win. They demand vote for Akinci from Northern Cyprus people. This naturally shows that we should not support the Akinci. This is just my opinion.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,216
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
This is our land and we decide what to do with it
Big mistake, you can only decide minor matters and have a say on major issues but any action against the will of Turkey will end in annexation to Turkey which should always have been. Too bad Turkey was weakened to the degree that we didn't do anything to lay our hands on the land earlier.

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
I have no idea about the two candidates. The only thing I know is that Greece and the South Cyprus Greeks want Akinci to win. They demand vote for Akinci from Northern Cyprus people. This naturally shows that we should not support the Akinci. This is just my opinion.

Actually it is the opposite.. that is why they sent racists to the gates.. I will explain this when I have time but they want a nationalist without vision to provoke tensions like they are doing in Aegean and East Med then complain Europe about that.. Request santions and isolations on us.. Look Turks are not innocent, they don't want peace :) This is their game always so They always do the things to undermine liberals & pacifists in the North... In Turkey Media is marketing that Akıncı is the candidate of Greece and Greeks.. Yeah sure :) alianate 60% of Turkish Cypriots who voted to him.. This is a big insult to our people.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
24 19,011
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Big mistake, you can only decide minor matters and have a say on major issues but any action against the will of Turkey will end in annexation to Turkey which should always have been. Too bad Turkey was weakened to the degree that we didn't do anything to lay our hands on the land earlier.
You do understand that. Attitude like yours is what always causes disturbances right ?

Even if Turks from Anatolia settled in Cyprus. The historic mess of Ottomans that resulted in renting the island to UK that later got confiscated are things that cannot be undone.

So the best bet we as Turkey has is to keep KKTC happy and increase cooperation and dependency.

But you should know RTE attitude and his mentality towards punishing ppl who don't bow down to him (I'm being harsh with my words here).

It's counterproductive. But the more Turks I hear yapping here the more I'm getting convinced that T.C. are going to pick Akinci.

If that happens will you repent Zafer ?

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,216
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
"bow down to him"

If you want to call aligning Cyprus politics with Turkey "bowing down to" him then you want to bow down to someone else. There is no life without bowing down to some side for any country so small as even the whole of Cyprus. You can't count more than a couple dozen countries who don't bow to anyone. It is not like a person bowing to another person, it is a country relying on another country for its well being. People who choose to take it in a romantic way are the ones who abuse the matter with petty behavior. My previous words is a straightforward expression of the cold truth and that truth is faced when decisions are made.

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus
Answer to AKP's agent who tries to influence public opinion.

Priorities of candidates show him what people really wants

Akıncı = Federal Reunification & Recognition = 29.8%
Tatar = Recognition & Two State Solution = 32.3%
Erhürman= Recognition & Federal Reunification & Two State Solution = 21.7%
Özersay = Recognition & Two State Solution = 5.7%
Denktaş = Recognition & Two State Solution = 4.17%
Arıklı = Integration with Turkey & Recognition & Two State Solution = 5.41%

Most people want to have a recognized TRNC or Two state solution.. Federal Reunification is the last option and integration with Turkey is not even an option (95% no for sure)

Blackeyes90

Contributor
Reactions
3 2,786
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Answer to AKP's agent who tries to influence public opinion.

Priorities of candidates show him what people really wants

Akıncı = Federal Reunification & Recognition = 29.8%
Tatar = Recognition & Two State Solution = 32.3%
Erhürman= Recognition & Federal Reunification & Two State Solution = 21.7%
Özersay = Recognition & Two State Solution = 5.7%
Denktaş = Recognition & Two State Solution = 4.17%
Arıklı = Integration with Turkey & Recognition & Two State Solution = 5.41%

Most people want to have a recognized TRNC or Two state solution.. Federal Reunification is the last option and integration with Turkey is not even an option (95% no for sure)
This mentality is dead wrong. You are making an assumption that they recieve those votes because of their stance against those principles you stated above. The truth is there is no way that 95 percent of the population is single issue voter. People look at parties and size their leaders , read their party plan , listen their message , size their capacity and ability to lead his nation etc. then they decide to vote for the party they choose. You are wrongfully trying to use those statistics to validate your own opinion. There are so many reasons that those parties receive that many votes.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
24 19,011
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Dude, you need to verify that picture and it's sources.

Don't jump on the bandwagon of fear. You gotta have some faith in the people too.

What you should be focusing on is the outcome of the Annan Plan, the unfair stance the west has towards KKTC and how GC is being blessed with all the money support in developing GC from Turk hating Europe.

You can focus on how untrustworthy they are and you can't give them a mm of land because they will never accept anything but absolute domination.

You can focus on developing KKTC together with TC. How we should destroy the plots being made.

But going paranoid and trying to strangle KKTC isn't going to work.

Zafer

Experienced member
Reactions
7 7,216
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
"Kızını başıboş bırakırsan ya davulcuya varır ya zurnacıya"
If you don't watch over your daughter she will marry one of the band players. :D

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom